See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 November 2016

I spent a great holiday with my family. Everything was nice. The room was cosy but the bathroom a little bit small. The staff is very kind and ready to settle every problem. You can parking the car inside the structure surrounded by a beautiful garden. Easy access to the beach by a private subway.

Room Tip: The room with a lake view
Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I liked this hotel as it provided good value for money. we went half board -the staff were friendly and helpful,Christian especially made us laugh and though the hotel hosted many German guests he could explain lots to us as his English was fine and his italian. It was easy to get around the lake on buses and there were trips to places like Verona. There was an underpass to the lake where you could swim and sunbathe.Sure the hotel could do with some updating especially the indoor pool but me and my Mum were more than happy and felt relaxed and happy during our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back fine but the third floor better
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank connie80
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Nice little hotel. Felt like family run business with very helpful staff. Germans were the primary target group and why not?! Good breakfast at reasonable extra price. We also ate once in the hotel rather than running around next towns. It was good food. It has its own little direct access to the lake soars for swimming. Free of charge Sunbeds. Helpful staff at everything we requested.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat. E
Reviewed 11 September 2015

I concur with Oz...... there is quite a strong apathy towards English speaking guests, which at times bubbles over into conspicuous anti sentiment especially when one resists, the third class status one has been assigned.
This hotel is geared almost exclusively towards German, Danish or Italian tourists.

I would also echo Oz's chosen word "Discourteous," This sumarizes our whole experience in Hotel Rabay especially by the the aforementioned Manager in Oz's commentary.
Perphaps the only redeeming features (apart from the lovely location), in the whole long forgotten episode; was the remarkably diplomatic and charming Christian- the tri -lingual receptionist, and the friendly and effervescent cleaners.

The 2 rooms we paid for were not as advertised or paid for. having only two single beds rather than the advertised doubles. also no balcony, with infinately smaller rooms than the photos.
After complaining I was moved into a good and suitable room. But my Girlfriend was subsequently moved two more times.On her last move they offered to move her bags for her on that morning, as we had early morning mountain biking down Mount Baldow. We returned in the evening to find they had opened her suitcase and taken out clothes hangers, which they mistakenly thought were theirs!!!!!

Room Tip: Ensure you ONLY get a double, anything else will fundamentally disappoint.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank richard w
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Brilliant family run hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful in organising trips and transfers for us. Christian in particular was great as our translator. Good value for money and would recommend for location alone. Breakfast offered a wide variety buffet, sweet and savoury. Dinner and drinks were very reasonably priced. Very clean hotel and surrounding gardens well kept.

Only downside was the double bed, which was actually two singles squished together. I like to starfish.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple