US$88
US$79
AC Hotel Brescia(Brescia)
US$68
Priceline
Centro Paolo VI(Brescia)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
US$74
  • Room Service
US$122
US$108
B&B.it
All reviewssmall hotelon footcity centreperfettosquarecardifficultychurchregioneurope
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Lovely hotel. The only negative is the it is very difficult to figure out how to drive a car near to it in order to unload and load luggage. We, my wife, my stepdaughter and I, had a FIAT Panda. We tried to follow the map provided by the hotel and we used GPS service, but it still required driving through the main square from its base to arrive near the hotel at the other end of the square. The square itself is mostly restricted to pedestrians, although cars are allowed in certain spots.

I parked the car overnight in a nearby underground garage in Piazzale della Repubblica. The day for departure was Saturday, which is a market day. This meant that the streets around the hotel were mostly blocked by vendors who set up their booths in the street. I ended up driving around for over an hour trying to access the square, off of which the hotel is sited, but no luck. Finally, I parked near the entrance to the underground garage where I had left the car overnight, then walked to the hotel to retrieve luggage and to fetch my wife and stepdaughter, who were waiting for me. Had I known the difficulty of accessing the hotel by car, much better to simply take the luggage to the underground garage, which is not that far away in any case, perhaps several hundred meters at most. Live and learn.

There is an excellent restaurant owned by the same proprietor as the hotel, called L'Oste Sobrio, a few meters down a nearby lane. The restaurant has no charm whatsoever physically, but the food is superb, typical of the region and inexpensive.

An odd occurrence taxed the hotel personnel a bit. My wife had taken the bag containing my laptop computer. When I looked for the bag in the hotel room, I could not find it anywhere. My wife could not remember distinctly whether she had left it outside the hotel outer door, or somewhere inside the hotel. As it turned out, she had it with her in the room, but put it behind the curtain which covers the front window that overlooks the lane on which the hotel is sited. The hotel has security cameras that the hotel personnel and I reviewed to verify whether my wife had the computer bag with her until she reached the room. She did. That indicated that the bag was somewhere in the room. The only place that I had not looked was behind the curtain and there it was, when I went back to the room to look.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017

for us it was a perfect visit. the small hotel is exceptionally positioned. the staff is superb. the rooms are very nice with very comfortable beds. my family was very pleased. we will return for sure.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2017

This is an excellent hotel in the vicinity. It is just at centre and hence location is fantastic, Hotel staffs are very polite and especially the front desk. Sukina and Valentina are very kind to guide. Especially the owner is very nice and interact with guest to give a good feeling during the stay as if you feel homely. They have a nice restaurant also and very nice place to eat and drink and it is always full of people. I spend very good time there and love to go again there.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2016

i stayed here just one night but it was, for me, perfect. Very comfortable, excellent breakfast, wonderful staff and very reasonably priced. I will return here in the not too distant future. Nicely located near the center of town and fine restaurants.

Room Tip: They have an elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2016

The few things that are on the plus side? To be fair? It is in the heart of the old town and the public parking is relatively close, cost about 12 Euros for the night. Nothing else comes to mind. The lady at reception failed to inform us on our arrival, that our room is facing the extremely busy pedestrian street, just 2 floors above numerous restaurants and bars. If the window is closed, you feel as if you are practically among these people, the noise is so loud. Not to mention the music. If you close the window, the situation is only slightly better, since the window is old and not insulated at all. However, the room becomes suffocating on a summer evening pretty fast and here comes the final blow: despite being advertised as room with AC, the air-conditioning doesn't work. When we asked the man at reception about this, he said the mechanic couldn't fix it, he can't give us another room, the hotel is fully booked. (We saw no-one at breakfast the next morning.) I didn't sleep a wink, because by the early hours, when the rowdy noise stops, cleaning cars start coming, bars start merchandise pushing in loud cars.
The room we stayed in was not clean, there was a used plaster left on the bedside table. The bathroom is horrible, you can hardly squeeze yourself in the shower, and are praying for the shower sliding doors not to fall on you.
Breakfast is a sad business. We were alone in the dining area, watched by the young lady from the previous night. The tables had been set the previous night, the same fruits awaited us in the morning, and they were old. The milk was sour. The crude ham was pure lard, the processed ham was a little sour too. The croissants were fine.
I would definitely not recommend staying here, unless you don't want to sleep, just use the room as a locker for your suitcases.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Rita P
orologio_brescia, Direttore at Albergo Orologio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

dear sir
we apologize for your bad experience
Anyway in your detailled comment, you forgot to mention that in the morning you run away from the hotel without paying the bill (included extra from minibar and breakfast)
Hence your "terrible night" was free .....
compliments!!!!