“good food, quite expensive”

Ristorante Il Portico
Ranked #7 of 90 Restaurants in Calenzano
Price range: US$41 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2016

Medium level environment, 80s style maybe a little bit out of fashion.
Personnel very serviceful, food is good. Suggested the raw fish (tartare, shrimps, scampi) as appetizer. Good choice, but not cheap-

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I visited the place 3 times and was never disappointed even once. The food is great.. I love their steak and then the waiters are very accommodating and very friendly.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

We have been going to Il Portico for many years, since it was in the previous location (it moved sometime around 2008); I preferred the old farmhouse where it was before but I admit that now it is extremely convenient; it is right next to the A1 highway exit (Sesto Fiorentino-Calenzano) and parking is abundant.
Remo, the owner/chef, really knows his business and, over the years, has built a solid clientele base.
The decoration is somewhat impersonal.
Service is excellent (most of the employees are somehow Remo's family relations).
The wine list is more than adequate.
It is one of the few places where you can comfortably choose fish or meat from the menu; the ingredients will always be top quality, fresh and skillfully prepared. The quality has remained consistently high over the years.
I do not have a very sweet tooth but I always make sure to leave some room to enjoy some of the offerings from the outstanding trolley of (rigorously homemade) desserts.

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

It was great! Food is so delicious, waiters are really pleasant. I ate the best raw cep carpaccio of the world here, wonderful! I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

The highway we were traveling on was closed due to a fire and we had to get off at the nearby exit. Since we were hungry we were fortunate enough to find this restaurant! It is a gem!!! The food was excellent and our server was a master! He made excellent suggestions and our dishes were all superb. The meat and fish are cut/served from a cart brought to the table. The Super C pasta was exquisite. He brought out some special olive oil with a bit of spice in it ... wonderful! And the dessert cart is great! He recommended the profiteroles in addition to the Tiramisu. He put both on our plates with a special drizzle of chocolate. I wish I had that right now!
Our server also went out of his way to help us re-route our trip to get to Venice. He was an excellent server and very helpful in all ways. The food, wine, service, and ambience all EXCELLENT! Many employees also spoke English very well.