All reviews cooking class lemon chicken studio apartment archery range cooking experience other guests cooking tips private terrace overlooking tiramisu farm animals local market dream vacation fully equipped kitchen red wine chianti area pasta fabian
Reviewed 28 June 2015

My husband and I spent a week at poderi val verde, again. Our first trip was in 2007 for our honeymoon and we have now returned again 8 years later, with another couple. The beauty and comfort of poderi val verde, mixed with the hospitality of Urike and the beauty of Tuscany make for a perfect vacation. Urike's cooking is splendid and delicious. Her cooking classes, which I took in 2007, were both a learning experience and a time to laugh and enjoy. We hope to come back again and again in future years. Thank you once again Urike, for the wonderful time and beautiful memories.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at Poderi Val Verde with another couple in a 2-bedroom; 1 bath cottage. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay here. It was clean, and the beds were the most comfortable that I've slept on in Europe. The rustic accommodations make you feel like you are in old Tuscany. A wonderful break from the big cities and the crowds. We took advantage of the refreshing pool every afternoon after day trips around Tuscany. The kitchen had everything we needed to prepare our meals. We ate dinner at the main house twice- do not miss out on Ricci's meals - she is a fabulous cook! One of my favorite parts were the animals: sheep, chickens, peacocks, ducks, geese, pigeons, cats and dogs - a real country farm feel. Ricci and her son Fabian are warm and friendly and could not have made us feel more at home - wonderful people! I would definitely come back!

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 15 June 2015

Poderi Val Verde s an idyllic Tuscan property - can't imagine a better place to stay! I wanted to pinch myself the whole time we were there! What a paradise. Ulrike and her son Fabian are lovely, welcoming people and the property is breathtaking. We loved all the animals on the property (especially Robbie the peacock!!). We took dips in the pool after our bike rides, went hiking from the property, and loved sitting out on our deck drinking local wine! The part we stayed in was 300+ years old - in gorgeous condition but felt so authentic + full of history!

We had a fabulous welcome dinner - the perfect introduction to Tuscan cuisine! Ulrike made us delicious breakfast every day and was very accommodating to our timing and tastes. We finished up the week with a cooking class from her (+ a little dancing too!) and since coming home I've already attempted to replicate a few of the dishes. She was a joy to have as a hostess for the week. Couldn't recommend the place enough. I'd love to go back!!

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

We loved the beautiful surroundings, seclusion and quiet. The owner and her son were fabulous and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. We stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. This is the perfect location to visit all of the surrounding towns in the Chianti area. We will definitely be back to this lovely place for our next visit to Italy.

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed 9 March 2015

Ok, I haven't yet visited Poderi Val Verde 'again' but my wife and I were there in the Summer of 2014 and our stay there was the highlight our 3 week vacation in Italy and now I am planning to go back with of 2 of my sisters in November 2015. The place is that AWESOME! The people we met last year were great. So looking forward to seeing Ulrike again and meeting her son Fabian. I said I would be back but did not think it would be this soon. Ulrike has been awesome in helping us to plan out next visit. I am so excited to show this Agriturismo and the Tuscany region to my sisters. We're already counting sleeps. Ciao

Date of stay: July 2014