“Good food with a close view of the lake”
Review of La Pigra Tinca

La Pigra Tinca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Umbrian restaurant, fish lake, pizza, gluten free menu, terrace with lake view; seasonal opening.Ritosrante umbro e pizzeria, pesce di lago, menu per celiaci, terrazza vista lago; apertura stagionale.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

The food is very good with a range of fish and meat dishes. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Our selected wine ran out after just one bottle.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

I want to tell everyone about the fact enabled ugliness and cynical attitude towards me by the restaurant manager.
And I ask people to be careful and bisit this restaurant in the future with danger!!!
21.09.2016 I've ordered in this restaurant a portion of spaghetti . However, the spaghetti were stuck together ( agglutinate) and broken( probably before they were stored in the refrigerator at the bottom of a pot)
On my request to give me a discount was refused.
Who else wants to eat badly and to pay 40 €?

SusannaS518, Direttore at La Pigra Tinca, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear guest,
thank you very much for having written us a review, because it is always an occasion to improve ourselves.
We apologize for what happened to you and for the misunderstanding with our metre, due probably to language problems.
Anyway we are used to serve express and fresh foods, prepared with selected short chain local products and the main aim of our staff is to meet customers needs, trying to satisfy always their requests.

We hope to have you as our guest next time you come to Castiglione del Lago.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The food was very good, the member of staff attending to us was well mannered, friendly and helpful. Beautiful setting overlooking the lake.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

A great find on the lake. We sat on the terrace with a view across the lake. The service was formal and efficient. My white pizza was one of the best I have had cooked to perfection as was my wife's pizza. She stayed on for a pannacotta. The restauarant had an impressive old world feel you sometimes stumble across in Italy. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

I loved this restaurant. Get a seat outside on the terrace and you're right on the lake with a pleasant breeze. The food is great and the house wine was nice. Good price/quality.

This is the kind of restaurant that reminds you why you're going to Italy in the first place. Recommended!