“Unpleasant staff”

Ranked #89 of 169 Restaurants in Cefalu
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don’t be deceived by the appearance. Staff were generally not pleasant. When I sent back a lasagne for being burnt it came back with the quarter that was burned just cut off. I sent back again when uncovered more burnt section, they replaced but weren’t apologetic - made me feel that I had burned it myself.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (788)

Reviewed 15 October 2020

I’m reluctant in these Covid times to criticise, but this was not good. My husband’s fish pasta was bland and tasteless, then he had a steak which was boring but not terrible. My fish was tasteless too, with flabby fried potatoes. Unusual to have cooking this unskilled and dull in Italy. Service efficient, though without charm. Maybe it’s end of season ennui.
Good re Covid in that tables well spaced out, staff in masks.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank HedleyLondon
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

This is a reasonably priced good restaurant. We sat inside as the tables were very busy outside and little concerning during these covid times! The wine is very good value, 1litre of house red is only €10. We had a caprese salad to start, carbonara tagliatelle (instead is spaghetti) and veal escalope & a side of french fries for mains. The breaded veal escalope was delicious and the carbonara was very tasty. I would recommend this place based on the food, price & service.

2  Thank Elle564738
Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

Still waiting for an order that clearly wasn’t placed! Came over to see if we wanted we dessert - hadn’t had a main yet!! Not great

1  Thank Safari20473883149
Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

Best meal since coming to Sicily. All waiting staff incredibly attentive and excellent description of the Antipasti Seafood for two people (€25): smoked salmon, carpaccio of swordfish, sardines, prawns, octopus, the most tender mussels and anchovies! We had this with two glasses of the house Grillo ( perfectly chilled to watch the sunset) and even the mineral water was lovely. Hot antipasto of chips, roquettes and palatine also delicious. And to end we had the best tiramisu ( served warm ) with extremely good coffee. Love love love

3  Thank milo558