My boyfriend and I spent several nights at the hotel last week (late July). We were in room 206, which was spacious for the two of us (spacious bathroom too), and which had gorgeous views of the grounds, surrounding mountains, and a deck with two chairs on which to enjoy the landscape. I regret not having taken a picture of the room upon check-in because it was charming, comfortable, and handsome.
Complimentary breakfast had an option for everyone... sliced meats and cheeses, scrambled eggs and bacon, natural and berry yogurt, fruit juices, coffee made to order, various sweet pastries, jams, and nutella, savory breads and cheeses, and cereals.
We also enjoyed dinner in the restaurant two nights and were very pleased with the menu and the food itself -- it was artfully prepared and delicious. (We paid for half board to include the dinners, which was extremely well-priced!)
Anna at the front desk was lovely and very knowledgable -- she helped us plan a fun day trip to the mountain peak (via three trams). We took the two trams down and then hiked the final distance to the car park, though the trails did not seem to be well marked and at times we had to follow a paved road (we were hoping for footpaths).
We also took an hour-long walk from the property in the surrounding woods ending at a small farm, which was absolutely lovely and charming.
We would definitely return to the hotel for a longer stay and enjoyed the feeling of being in an oasis. We did not have the chance to try the pool but would try it next time.
There were many children but they seemed to eat at an earlier time than the adults, and they were rather well behaved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mirage is a 4* Hotel located in Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy, facing the spectacular peaks and superb scenery of the Dolomiti Alps mountains, which are known for being UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Mirage Hotel is only two/three-minute drive to the town center and its elegant shopping area. The short distance is served by the hotel's private shuttle service. Hotel Mirage' Services always included in the rates are: - heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna; - children entertainment (up to 10 years of age); - private shuttle service to town center (less than a 5 minute ride); - garage, free wi-fi Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Mirage Cortina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mirage Hotel Cortina d Ampezzo
- Hotel Mirage Cortina Italy/Province Of Belluno, Veneto