See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Staff was very nice. We had a bit problem with leaking toilet and they offered us another room. Some reviews said that they wanted customers to pay for some hotel club card and that it was obligatory, but we didn't have to pay anything more. Probably they cancelled that card already. We had a big balcony with 2 sun loungers for sunbathing and a small table. Breakfast was fine, they had both sweet (croissants, cakes) and salty things. What was a bit strange during breakfast was, that we couldn't sit by the table (for 2) of our choice. The waiter asked us all the time (except the last day of the season) to sit at a certain number which changed each day. Probably he checked how much we have eaten :D. City centre was cca 12 min from our hotel. What stressed me, was that they were calling me from the hotel cca 2 weeks before our vacation, that we have booked our stay until 20th Septemper but they close at 18th September and if I want to cancel or shorten my stay. I don't know whether this was problem of booking site or the hotel. At least later that day they wrote me that they decided to close on September 20th so no problem for us :)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deedeesvk
Reviewed 27 March 2016

I stayed 7 nights at Capannina during my skiing holiday in March 2016. Cosy and elegantly furnished rooms with balconies and all conveniences.
The Tofana lift is just 259 metres from the hotel, the Faloria can be reached by bus leaving in front of the hotel.
Brilliant, friendly and happy-to-help staff made our stay unforgettable. Thanks for the trip, we will recommend Capannina to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Coming for a skiing holidays in Dolomites we discovered a comfortable, clean, very efficiently managed hotel with a remarkable cuisine: the Capannina Hotel in Cortina d'Ampezzo. Friendly atmosphere nice interiors - and the magnificient view of Tofana ... plus 10 min. walk from Corso Italia. Four stars wouldn't be too much.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 18 March 2016

I recently spent 4 nights with my partner. The staff were very polite and helpful. The breakfast was very good, room big enough, and the location is excellent - near to the Tofana cable car and the ski bus stop in front of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel...

Room Tip: I would prefer room in depandance
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Awful staff, hitting on my teenage daughters and tried to date them. They were so scared that the bartender would come visit them at night in their room. We tried to confront the manager but he did nothing about it. Unacceptable and unproffessional to hit on guest and not the least underage girls. Also it smells like urine and water leaks on the walls. It would not surprise me if it had rats... Disgusting rooms with wall to wall carpets from the sixties, but that could have a charm if the staff wasn't that sleazy.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Gianluca C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Capannina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Dear Mr. Kajsa,
regarding its review on our hotel, will allow us to differ, as in the episode about her factiously reported, it is not true that it was caused annoyance to her daughters from staff, nor can misrepresent the friendly our staff that always tends to make you feel at ease our guests, especially in social occasions as may be the tasting of drinks at the bar, according to the good tradition of warmth of Italian hospitality.
Also we would like to clarify that our rooms are well maintained by the staff of the Housekeeping department, and certainly they are always clean and fragrant, so if he had a few comments about it could easily do it on the spot, instead of hiding behind a review that we believe absolutely misplaced and defamatory.