“Fish was ok ”

Price range: US$22 - US$91
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Visit the restaurant 26th Juli.
We got a table at the corner at the restaurant and as we feared it seemed like the waiters had forgotten us.
It took 1 1/5 hours to get the starters which was tasteless. Thereafter was the grilled fish mix and today's fish served. The single prawn that was included was fine the fish was okay and the squids was ok.
All in all a pretty anonymous meal.
The waiters seemed understaffed and stressed. There was no service they just cleaned the table and served the food no interaction, introduction of the food or nothing that made you feel welcome.
Hopefully there is better options than this in Maiori when you have all the opportunities with the Italian kitchen and fresh seafood just next door.

1  Thank Sebbe22

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We ate here!

Possibly my favourite restaurant in Maiori on the strip.

Great service, superb good. Really can't fault it. My only gripe is that on both occasions our cards were declined. I think they haven't quite got the hang of Visa payments. They insert the card then remove it, you put your pin in and it gets declined. That's my only gripe. Everything else is amazing!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a week and have to say we had our best meals here. Each staff was extremely friendly and all family which made it special. Every dish tastes fresh and the portions are great.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner there last night , excellent meal, food and wine well priced, friendly staff. Plan to go back again tonight.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We were recommended by an American couple and the bar maid at our hotel that Mammato is one of the best places to eat in Maiori, they were not wrong.

I was really impressed with this place, so much so that we ate here twice on our holiday. The restaurant from the outside doesn't look anything special but do not let that put you off, the food is top quality. Mammatos is situated literally next door to Le Velo so I imagine the competition is quite high between the two.

The menu was more than reasonably priced with a wide range of food and drink. On our first visit I had spaghetti carbonara and my fiance had a ham pizza. The food was fabulous, the best carbonara I've ever had. I also enjoyed the Amalfi Coast real ale that I had for my drink, my partner had a half carafe of local white wine.

We also decided to dine here on our last night. This time we had muscles to start. For mains I had a pizza and my fiance had ravioli. She said it was the best ravioli she had ever had.

I can not recommend this place enough, it was definitely the best place we ate all week. Top quality food and service. The waitresses were friendly, happy, polite and all looked the part in their uniforms. The head waiter was also really nice and friendly. Everyone in this restaurant were really enjoying their meals and the atmosphere.

Five Stars. Fabulous Mammato.