“Select the recommendations of the staff, you won't go wrong!”
Review of Al Corsaro

Al Corsaro
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Malcesine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We couldn't have been more pleased by the warm, sincere welcome and pleasant Brazilian-Italian waitress. Genuine, warm, gave great recommendations (mixed seafood platter from sea and lake, black pasta with sea bass, sun-dried tomatoes and olives, and trout from the lake on black rice). The food was local: fresh, just the right combo of inventive by local, The homemade tagliatelle was typically divine. Great view. Very minimalistic design and architecture, so let the food sing!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I have been coming to Malcesine on business for over a decade and every time I get the chance to go to this amazing restaurant I am delighted to do so. Al Corsaro is at the base of Malcesine castle and has the most amazing views of Lake Garda as its set on the edge of the lake. Because if its location it is a quiet place to eat and you can sit and eat in relative peace and quiet as compared to the restaurants in the centre of Malcesine where you always have constant noise and footfall of people passing by.

I have been to many weddings here and every single one has been pure class. The food, the service, the ambience and the welcome from the owners and staff has been nothing short of excellent. I have eaten many dishes here over a decade and not one has been anything other than outstanding. The presentation is always amazing and the tasty and fresh food never disappoints. I would say the food price is mid-range but for me I have been to worse places and they have charged much more, so Al Corsaro is great value for the quality of food, the fantastic service and the location of the restaurant itself. There is a large range of drinks, a really good wine menu, indoors and outdoors eating. The toilets are large, well stocked and very clean.

Mario and his staff always provide a warm welcome and cater for all diets, tastes and quirks and I highly recommend a wedding reception, a group meal or a beautiful romantic couples meal here.

Finally, I have attended many many weddings in many countries around Europe and when I know I am coming to Al Corsaro or will be in Malcesine so I can eat here, it always puts a spring in my step because I know everything will be very very good!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I have been coming to Malcesine for years and have always felt that Al Corsaro is the best restaurant in town. This hasn't changed. It's incredibly elegant, situated at the end of a lake path, right underneath the castle. This means that there is no passing people traffic and incredible views. The tables are spaced far apart giving you the feeling that you are alone as you enjoy truly wonderful food. This is the perfect place for couples who want something special yet still affordable. We chose to have our wedding reception here (August 2017) and couldn't believe the care that Mario and his staff took to make our day perfect. All dietary requirements were catered for perfectly and the fact that they were able to cook 4 courses including sea bass and souffle for 50 people perfectly was just amazing.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

The location is very nice and beautiful. The stuff is great. I liked the pasta with seafood, it was great. My wife ordered the tuna steak and it wasn't fresh and gave off a bad smell so we were a little disappointed...

Reviewed 3 August 2017

There were 8 of us that they fitted in very quickly.
Glad they did the food was really great, fantastically prepared with care and love for the produce.
The presentation was also spot on and amazing.
Although it is on the (slightly) expensive side, it is worth it for everything you get from the views to the food.
Don't miss out if you want something with a bit more style?