“Super Pasta!”

Ranked #25 of 106 Restaurants in Malcesine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Probably one of the best pastas during our ten days in Italy! Nice atmosphere, good service. We liked this one better than some of the best restaurants (according to Tripadvisor) in Malcesine. This was recommended to us by our airbnb hostess.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

recently eaten at this restaurant and the food, attention to detail and courtesy is second to none! Friendly staff and very accommodating . lovely courtyard with soft lighting, rustic furnishings. There is a nice inside room also so incase of bad weather, nice to know that there is a good alternative. If you are in Malcesine then this place is a must!

1  Thank Annabel B
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The evening started with great promise as this restaurant is situated in a beautiful courtyard, but sadly this was the only thing it had going for it. As many other reviewers have mentioned, we found the customer service here to be appalling, they seem to have a very arrogant attitude and 'we are right, you are wrong' approach especially if you have the audacity to make a complaint about their food.

We both had fish dishes which were extremely boney, (despite being told that the bone would be removed) it was inedible , very small and we felt was not worth 15 euros. Maybe we expected too much and thought we would be offered another dish or some sort of an apology, but neither was forthcoming, the waiter actually said 'there is nothing wrong with it'. We agreed at the table to pay for the drinks and for the side dishes, but not the fish as we deemed it unacceptable. After being ignored for 15 minutes we decided to prompt them by getting up and we were presented with the full bill, which we objected to. They threatened us with calling the police because we said we would not pay for the whole bill (as agreed) and as it was of an unacceptable standard. He eventually offered for us to pay 20 euros, which we agreed, however when I presented my card as payment, he said he would have to put the whole amount on the card or pay cash, which we didn't have. I was going to go and withdraw the cash for them, but he refused to give me my card back, even putting it behind his back and then walked off with my card!
Disgusting. Words fail me.

To prove a point, when I tried to give constructive criticism and say that their customer service was appalling, they walked off saying ' I will get your bill' - point proven - and apparently this was verbal abuse.

In all our years we have never been treated in such a disgusting, disrespectful manner. Shame on you.

No discussion, no apology, zero customer service.

2  Thank June m
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is in a lovely courtyard setting.The food is excellent with lots of fish steak and pasta dishes recommend this to everyone

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We noticed this restaurant when in Malcesine in the afternoon. Looked it up on TripAdvisor and noticed that it was #25 of 104 restaurants. We thought it looked a nice place so decided to return in the evening to try it out, despite the rating.

On arrival the waiter indicated that there were no tables outside only inside, but didn't specify where; we had to find our own seats. Our bag, as we didn't arrive until after 7pm and as it was a busy Saturday night, accepted that there were no available tables outside. However, it took about 10 minutes before anyone even gave us a menu then another 15 minutes to be served our drinks, which sat on the bar for ages before being brought over; and then only after I volunteered to serve ourselves. Warning signs were already showing.

The waitress, and we think she was the head waitress or owner as dressed slightly differently to the other staff, came over and very coldly, no warm greeting, smile or pleasantries, took our order in quite a gruff and unfriendly manner.

The food came quite quickly (I suspect they wanted a quick turn around). The quality of the food was excellent, can't fault the chef, they prepared delicious food, cooked just as requested. We had a mixed seafood platter to start which had plenty of variety and tasted delicious. I then had a rare fillet steak (perfect) which was very tender and delicious. My husband had spaghetti with prawns and squid, which he thoroughly enjoyed.

We waited ages for the offer of dessert, but alas the offer was never made. Nor were we offered coffee to finish. So we just paid the bill and left.

This was our first meal of a week's stay in Malcesine, but we will definitely NOT be returning to this establishment. I feel they have totally missed the point of customer service. Which is to look after every person who walks through the door as you never know if they have just arrived, are here to stay or are just passing through.

As the title of this review indicates, the food was great, but the rest of the service was totally lacking. Was hoping to report that this place deserved a higher ranking, but sadly #25 is an honour as the ranking should be lower.

Sorry, Taverna dei Capitani, you really need to do better.

1  Thank Tapperama