“Perfect Vacation Accommodation”

Agriturismo Il Sasso
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Il Sasso is a beautiful, rustic agriturismo, just 3 kms. from Montepulciano. My wife and I stayed in the one bedroom apartment at Il Sasso, for a week in May 2017. The apartment is large, clean and the bed is very comfy. There is a kitchen and sitting room, as well as a lovely terrace for your morning espresso. The grounds and surrounding area are beautiful. Il Sasso was our base camp for touring the Val d'Orcia area, including Montepulciano, Montalcino, Monticchiello and Pienza.
Nicoletta and Lucia were wonderful hostesses. They helped us with our poor attempts at speaking Italian and were so friendly. Nicoletta even baked us a delicious pastry filled with plums from her farm.
The perfect vacation!

Stayed: May 2017

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely location, nice friendly welcome, very close to Montepulciano. We were in the basic apartment, but there are others more substantial which I would recommend for any longer stay than one night. Would like to go back!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2014

We selected this agriturissimo for it's location to Florence and it's accessibility to A1. Wow, what a surprise! We had the most wonderful time during our 5-day stay in il Sasso. The family was so accomodating and was most helpful in recommending delicious places for dinner and touring. The most memoriable occassions will be the dinners we had in Anghiari, Sansepolcro, the haunted castle close by! Our day trip into Arezzo proved to be very exciting as we stumbled upon a rare jousting tournament between the city divisions. You think they take soccer serious, attending a jousting competition in town square. What an event! We remember this vacation for a very long time but mostly for our experiences off the beaten path and out of the major cities. You've just not experienced Italy until you've visited the small towns. The people are beautiful and this agriturissimo is fantastic! We would stay here again but there are so many others left to adventure! I would highly recommend staying here to any of my US friends.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ST52186
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The location is typical of Tuscany; peaceful, well cared for and close to all amenities. We enjoyed walks in the valley, through the olive groves and vine yards, outdoor dinners and use of the pool. Our children, aged 3 and almost 2 thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Accommodation is rustic and meets all family needs. This is our 3rd visit and we have always had a wonderful experience at il Sasso! The owner is very friendly, helpful responsive and accommodating. Overall excellent!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank N_Mifsud
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My experience at Il Sasso was truly incredible. I stayed in Montepulciano for a total of 3 months for a study abroad program, and I know that it would not have been the same without the kind and nurturing spirits of the Il Sasso staff. Everyone there is truly concerned for your well-being and happiness, and they go out of their way to make you feel like family. My Italian improved tenfold, and I can now confidently say that I could do absolutely everything in Italian if I had to (and I did!). It was so nice to be able to walk down the street to go to class, especially in such a beautiful location. I recently read somewhere that, "If you live in a beautiful place, its beauty will be reflected back in the people." I can't help but think of Montepulciano when I read this quote. Not only is the city and its accompanying panoramas absolutely breathtaking, but the hearts of every person you meet are more beautiful than I can describe. Everyone is eager to meet you and happy to let you practice your Italian with them, no matter how broken it may be. They are a patients, understanding, and loving group of people whom I hope to run into again one day in the future. We were absolutely blessed with the incredibly beautiful townhouse we stayed in for our three months with all modern appliances and beautiful architecture. We always had countless amazing opportunities: olive picking, vineyard tours, a cooking class, and SO much more! Though the town is quite small and there aren't many young people to interact with, it is the perfect place to learn such a beautiful language as the Tuscan dialect is the closest to "standard Italian". I would recommend going in the summer when the city is full of life and there are lots of celebrations. If you do go in the late fall or winter, be advised that the city is on a mountain and it gets QUITE cold! I know for a fact that I will be back to visit Montepulciano again sometime in my lifetime, and I eagerly look forward to that day. Tanti baci a tutti alla scuola! Mi mancate troppo! <3

3  Thank sarahbear518