All reviews sea water front desk manager deck chairs beach area pool bar small beach life guards waiters and waitresses short break course dinner breakfast was buffet style beautiful resort hard beds half board special thanks a sea view room staying at this hotel
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Disappointing:-

1) Room service charges were excessive. We arrived at the hotel at about 10pm and my boys were hungry so they ordered a pasta dish each to their room. The service charge was about 11 or 12 euros each despite being delivered to the same room and therefore the price of the two pasta dishes came to about 62 euros which personally was not worth it.
2) The pools are seriously too cold and that is why even in the height of summer hardly anyone uses them.

Positives

1) Beautiful setting and views.
2) Staff were polite & the service was efficient.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank 440KarenP
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Although it looks very nice and the decor is pretty nice too, it wasn't exactly what we had expected. We stayed there as it was my birthday and wanted somewhere special to end our trip away, and what better then Porto Cervo!! The hotel was a lot further from the centre of restaurants than we thought, and cost 25 euros each way for a taxi. The pools around the hotel were lovely and visiting late September meant that me and my boyfriend had one of the many pools to ourselves which was lovely, and right next to the beach was ideal and the scenery absolutely beautiful. The downsides to this place was that there wasn't a kettle in the room to make tea/coffee (but think that might be a English thing, I don't know), there also wasn't a iron and ironing board in the room. When by boyfriend asked about this they said that they couldn't provide one but would iron his shirt for 10 euros! We decided not to do this as would be dark when we went out anyway!! Nights sleep wasn't great as was two single beds pushed together and I spend most of my night trying to get myself out of that gap in the middle - to be fair this does seem to be what happens when you go away but staying here we did think we might get an actual double bed on how we were staying at a 'spa'.

What really did make us think about our stay was the fact that we had paid a little bit more and wanted to stay at a 'spa' for my birthday, only to realise that to go in the spa you have to spend an extra 30 Euros per person! And it wasn't great! At all!! The pool was tiny, the water was lukewarm and the whole experience was a massive let down. When you are paying an extra 60 euros to attend the spa you thought you had already paid for, and then all you do is get a lukewarm bath with some strangers - it's not that relaxing or romantic! Although it has given us some giggles when we talk about it now. (Or grimacing from the other half as he has to pay for it ).

Breakfast was good and you could have as much as you wanted (and the people next to us really did and I don't blame them! We all spend 30 euros on a spa which we would have created in our own homes!), but they tried to appease everyone as had cooked food (sauages, bacon etc), lots of other food such as ham, cheese, fruit, drinks - the only criticism would be that you weren't allowed to help yourself to hot drinks and when the lovely man came over the drinks were freezing cold (both times!).

So all in all was a nice place to stay. Was very clean, I found the staff very courteous and polite but I wouldn't stay there again as if I'm paying to stay at a spa, I presume I'm going to be able to use the pool and sauna without being charged for it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lmmelville
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Colonna Resort was a fantastic place to visit and the resort is absolutely heavenly. The property is grand in size and the facilities exceeds all expectations. Multiple outdoor swimmingpools and sunbeds in all shapes and quantities. You feel completely alone on the resort due to the size and the number of visitors although the hotel was full. The resort has several eatingpossibilities and we chose the all-inclusive package where you choose from a buffet for lunch including your maincourse ala carte choice between vegetarian, meat or fish of the day. In the evening you had a salad-buffet before your three course meal which was gourmet class every evening. Staff was very welcoming and friendly to please the customers/visitors on the resort. Rooms were nicely decorated with mini-bar, spacious bathroom and cleaning twice a day with new towels and accessories. We loved the place and would definately come back at a later date and the place is not hard to recommend to other visitors. If you plan a visit to Porto Cervo - this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Exceptional seaview from the entire resort - close to the ocean and magnificent!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Sissel P
Reviewed 14 October 2017

The pictures speak for itself about this resort, it's beautifully located with amazing views and lovely areas to stay both by the poolside and by the sea.

However, my overall experience was only average of this hotel. First of all, the staff seemed to be extremely busy and did not have time to give you the service you'd expect at a 5-star-resort. The lasagna we ordered to the room reminded me more about the kind of food you get on economy class on a long distance flight.

It seemed to me that the people who got attention and service from the staff were the people staying in the suites and arriving by helicopter. Colonna resort is full of people who want to see and be seen, so if you're looking for something that is more casual I'm not sure if this is the right place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Unfortunately we were here 2 weeks out of season so lacked a little buzz. That being said, the peace an quiet was an upside. Resort is amazing and the pool/beach area looking out over the ocean was spectacular. Sunset drinks on the deck outside reception is a must. Throw in a 2 hour spa treatment too and it was a very relaxing few days. Only downside is that it's a little way from shopping or restaurants. If you're happy enough to take taxis (can be expensive) or have your own car then its good. Don't expect to walk out of the Resort and just up the road to some atmosphere though. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms are small. Pay extra even if its for a garden view as opposed to the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family