“Great food, beautiful views! ”

Trattoria San Gennaro
Ranked #18 of 35 Restaurants in Praiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Trattoria San Gennaro twice during our 6 night stay in Praiano. While it's not the 'fanciest' restaurant, it was our favorite. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. After reading other reviews, on the first visit my husband ordered the lasagna and it was delicious!! I had grilled swordfish over a salad and was equally good. The portions were large. The second night we just had pizza and a huge order of fried calamari. Again, both did not disappoint.
The views of the sea and Positano were beautiful! The resin tables and chairs didn't bother us. The prices were very reasonable and you can't beat the free limoncello shots with your bill!

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Dined here twice over a few days. The first time the food was excellent and plentiful despite the appalling attitude and manner of the waitressing staff. We thought it worth giving them a second chance. This time the food was somewhat ordinary - a bit limp. The sea bass was good but the accompanying salad was very tired and contained a whole lettuce stalk. The staff were again uninterested and dismissive - unless you ordered a very expensive bottle of wine. Such a shame really in this competitive business. Plenty of other choices.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Made ourselves happy by filling our stomachs after a happy drive from Sorrento, foods were superb and delicious, a great experience in the coast.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We had a delicious pasta meal. I had lasagna which is the best I've ever had. There were three of us (Spaghetti for one and Eggplant Parm for the other) and we all agreed that the sauce was delicious! Wish I could find out what's in that sauce so I can try to re-create back here in the USA... Staff was sweet and courteous though it was a little awkward when my dad asked if a tip is normally left. Our waitstaff member said "yes" and then waited while my dad pulled out cash (instead of discreetly walking away while he determined the tip). Other than that...very happy with our meal and would recommend to others.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We ate here a couple of times with friends and family whilst staying in Praiano - fab food and service!! With a great selection of seafood!

My only recommendation would to update the tables and chairs,...plastic are a little hot and sweaty in 28 degrees heat!

1  Thank Gemma S