All reviews make your own small details welcome drink rooms are big spring water breakfast room perfect hotel home away from home well equipped kitchen breathtaking views first rate cakes suite spa dolomites san tab
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Between the setting, the staff and the quality of the accommodation, having visited every year for eight years this remains the best place in the Dolomites by a country mile.

The Canin's family and the team at LaGacio have created a home away from home that is perfect in every way, I look forward to returning for at least the next eight years.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimDearden
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel, perfect location, great views, wonderful rooms, delicious breakfast! The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. We had a very lovely stay and in fact cancelled another part of our trip to stay here longer. We highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie P
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Suites beautifully kitted out, with well thought out interior. professional and extremely friendly staff. Great breakfasts. located in a sensational area, suitable for walkers, or mountain bikers, with lots of trails to explore. I would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I am not 100% sure why but these place didnt quite meet my expectations. Perhaps it was because we stayed in the last week of the season and they seemed to be a bit short staffed. I had read such great reviews on trip advisor.

There was only one lady working in the breakfast room and she seemed rushed off her feet. The hotel is next to a car park and that was our view. I think you can find more charming and better price/quaility options in the dolomites. Having said that I do like the apartments that are modern and well equiped and it is nice to be able to prepare supper and not go out for every meal. Children are not allowed in the wellness area which was something we didnt know when we booked - we probably would have booked elsewhere had we known this.
Skiing in the dolomites is sensational.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at Lagacio during our recent trip to San Cassiano. San Cassiano is a beautiful remote village at 1600m above sea level, the remoteness does make it difficult to access without having your own car, but it’s well worth the visit.

We arrived in the mountains later than we expected at 9:30pm very tired, exhausted and cold, we couldn’t figure out how to get into the hotel but thankfully we bumped into the receptionist as she was leaving, she was incredibly friendly and had a bubbly personality, she showed us how to get into the hotel, led us to the undercover car park, and had another staff member lead us to our room.

The room we booked was the Bellerophon, it was large warm cozy room with big wardrobe, kitchen, lounge room, large balcony, king bed and large bathroom with multiple sinks a shower and a bath.

The lodges eco friendly credentials were immediately apparent, sustainable timber, organic toiletries, and natural spring water on tap.

Included in our booking was 2 complementary drinks from the bar, complementary breakfast every morning, complementary cake in the afternoon and a shuttle to and from the ski fields.

The breakfast was amazing, everything was fresh, organic and locally sourced, majority of the items made fresh every day. It was some of the most delicious food I’ve ever eaten. Only thing about breakfast which I found a little lacking, was the limited number of warm hearty foods like baked beans, sausages, bacon, etc whose absence we found a little weird given the cold environment.

The hotel also has self service washing, we took advantage of this, unfortunately there was a bit of a mishap with a drier not working and my wife’s thermal wear getting burnt, but the incredibly helpful staff came to the rescue ordering and delivering new high quality thermals on the house.

The hotel does not have room service or a restaurant but one thing we found on arrival is that the hotel can provide you with locally sourced ingredients which can be delivered to your room for you to cook yourself, however this needs to be organised 2 days in advance. Unfortunately we didn’t know about this at the time and were unable to take advantage.

That said the hotel staff and the information pack we received upon checking in provided dozens of recommendations for some local restaurants.

Being tourists from Australia, a ski trip in the mountains was also a very new experience for us, but again the reception staff were unbelievably helpful, they told us where to rent gear from, where to book lessons from, and had the shuttle drop us off and pick us up from the ski fields.

Overall Lagacio is an amazing hotel to stay at and I highly recommend it. What separates Lagacio from all the other places we have stayed at was the service. Everyone from housekeeping, to the bell hop and the breakfast team was so incredibly friendly and helpful.

But a special mention must be made to the reception staff. They were so incredible, and helped us out so much, above and beyond all expectations. They made our trip to San Cassiano extra special.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple