“Beautiful, but flawed and very noisy.”
Review of Seven Hostel

Seven Hostel
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I stayed for five nights in April 2011. When I arrived, the receptionist took me up to my room. Unfortunately, every bed was taken. It took about 20 minutes to be reallocated to a different dorm. Not a big problem, but irritating after a long journey.

The whole hostel was spotless - it's new, and kept clean. The beds were comfortable, however, I found it very hard to sleep because the place was so incredible noisy. The first two nights I was there, there was some sort of club night going on in the bar. If you want a party hostel, that's fine, but I wanted to sleep, and it was so loud I couldn't just hear the beat of the music from my bed, I could hear every single lyric. But at least I could've joined in if I wanted to. On the third night, however, the downstairs are had been hired out for a private party, which was even louder than before and just walking through the downstairs area I was made to feel like I shouldn't be there.

The hostel seems to primarily cater for large groups. Almost everyone else staying there seemed to know each other, so it wasn't really the kind of place a single traveller could mingle easily.

When I checked out, the receptionist had no idea how to use the card machine, and there was no one around to help him. He tried three times and in the end I had to show him myself. This took so long it meant that I missed my train and had to wait in the station for half an hour, even though I'd made sure to be at reception with plenty of time to spare.

The rooftop area really is spectacular. The best part of the hostel by miles, and the reason I'm giving it 3/5 instead of less. The views from there are incredible, and there are several comfy sofas. However, they call it a rooftop bar, but the bar was only open one of the five nights I was there, the rest of the time it was a quiet lounge area - which actually suited me better!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is the best hostel I've ever been, actually it is called a hostel but is infact a hotel. I can only suggest get a room now if you are going in the neighbourhood of Sorrento. There is everything you want at an insignificant price. Even real hotel rooms with WC at half the normal fee. Brand new furniture, Free internet, clean rooms, lounge bar, fun people, you name it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2011

A really great place to stay just outside sorrento. As others have said, a little out of the way but train station is 10 mins or so away. Food was ok and pretty cheap to be honest. But the best feature for us was the rooftop bar. Great to meet people and relax.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Very pleased with the accommodations. Huge hostel with nice rooftop bar. Would recommend anyone staying in the Sorrento area to definitely stay here. 10 min walk from the train station. Go on Enrique's boat tour - a must. He caters to your every need on the way to Capri. Tour lasts all Fay long and you spend a good 5 hours on the island.
Staff at Seven could have been a little nicer but all in all would stay here again. Don't stay more than 3 days because you will get bored! Rooftop bar is over run by locals at night.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We had four nights at this lovely hostel (hotel more like it!). Our room was a reasonable size, modern and clean with a balcony. Free wifi in our room. Lots at the hostel, bar on the roof, bar and lounge downstairs also where breakfast is served. Breakfast is a bit ordinary but only because they lack any bread. We tried a meal in the restaurant and was disappointed. All in all, this place has a lot of potential but they are about a 40 minute walk out of the action or a train ride so need to step up their game to make it worth staying out of the busier spots.

All in all, would recommend for those who don't mind being a little way out of the action!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
1.0 km away
2.6 km away
Il Tulipano
Il Tulipano
#4 of 22 in Sant'Agnello

Been to Seven Hostel? Share your experiences!