“vintage romantic place very close to Florence center”
Review of Villa Villoresi

Villa Villoresi
Reviewed 17 September 2015

+ located in suburbia of Florence - easy access to downtown (free parking)
+ beautifull villa with historic frescoes on the walls, historic funriture. you feel like you are living in a Renaissance palace
+ dinky stuff - hotel is run by two charm ladies
+ nice - very tidy swimming pool
+/- rooms - these more expensive (upstairs) are stunning, smaller and economic (downstairs) rather poor and tight
- very poor breakfast :(((( the coffee was awful, and croissants were probably as old as the palace

Stayed: July 2015

Reviewed 14 August 2015

The minute you walk in you will be impressed with all the frescoes and furnishing. A wonderful and historical place to stay. Unfortunately, it was our last night in Italy... BUT, we will come back and stay longer next time!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I stayed in this hotel for only a couple of days, I read some of the previous reviews, and felt some of them were a bit unfair.
my stay in this hotel was nothing else but very pleasant
I found everyone working there to be very helpful friendly and went out of there way to assist me in every way
I think I stayed in room 206, the room was stylish clean and felt very homely by that I mean it had a comfortable feel to it as well as feeling like a hotel. which is a good thing
the breakfast was suitable foe the region, while offering a good selection of items

Room Tip: I think I stayed in room 206, the room was stylish clean and felt very homely by that I mean it had...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hongkong6664
Reviewed 24 September 2014

A step back into history in the best sense of the term. Amazing frescoes and historical artefacts everywhere. Quiet and peaceful. Very friendly staff, including the Contessa herself! Very good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the older rooms on the loggia. Large and decorated with frescoes, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rob J
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stupidly, having read the reviews I thought Villa Villoresi would be a charming villa with which to stay in. Although charming, the place is dusty, dirty, in need of restoration, and bordering on copying Fawlty Towers! I believe it to be over priced and little more than a bed and breakfast establishment. The pictures on the website were taken 30-40 years ago when the place was in good repair. Time has taken its toll on the villa and it urgently needs repair. We stayed in a superior room with access to the Loggia. We anticipated being allocated the room in the picture...alas it was not to be! The room allocated, although 'nice' smelt like a toilet. This could be because the toilet has been 'plonked' into the room and needs to be replaced. The stench is off putting! Although I am quite a particular person (I like what I like) I became quite stressed with the standard of cleanliness in the hotel. I wouldn't touch the bedspreads for example, having found pubic hair between the sheet and the bedspread. The pool is a nice touch, although the leaves in the pool were turning to mulch, the beds had seen better days. When we stayed a family of four would descend on the breakfast like a plague of locusts and take all the pastries and bread. Although we would ask for it to be replenished it wasn't...not a great selection either. As for the staff, the woman at breakfast runs around like a headless chicken. Delivering tea, coffee, replenishing breakfast supplies (if available). Frankly, the owners should be helping out! One day the maid (who cleans the rooms) came to help. Unfortunately, it was a little too late! If you like smoking...the restaurant is a joy! Both the owner, her daughter and a friend (I think!) all smoked in the restaurant, quite unacceptable as we did not know in advance that smoking was acceptable. We couldn't breathe for the stench! Can I say anything good about the place...the location is great for driving around tuscany but that is about all I can say. Will we be going back...no chance!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
0.3 km away
Terrazza Ginori
Terrazza Ginori
#2 of 9 in Sesto Fiorentino

Been to Villa Villoresi? Share your experiences!