“Amazing Gluten Free Restaurant”
Review of La Posteria

La Posteria
Ranked #63 of 515 Restaurants in Viareggio
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Well this was a lovely surprise. Was recommended this restaurant from the lady who I am renting an AirBNB from as she is also on gluten free diet.

The restaurant has a whole gluten free menu alongside a normal menu and a vegan menu. I chose the pistachio and clams noodle dish (my other half had wild boar with potatoes in a tomato sauce). Wow! It was out of this world. Then they asked if I would like a pudding, the whole dessert cabinet is gluten free. So much choice! I chose what I thought was a chocolate mousse but when it arrived it was warm molten chocolate ummm. Very happy with the service and the food. Will be back again very soon. Thank you.

2  Thank Laura M

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We came here on a saturday evening, shortly after opening, without a reservation. We got a table for two right away. I ordered the veggie antipasto and penne di pesto. Antipasto was a selection of different kinds of "cakes" which were made of e.g. Quinoa, buckwheat, beans etc. They were all pretty bland, except one "cake" which was too salty imo. Although the presentation was pretty impressive. Penne di pesto was better tasting but also very abundantly salted. Service was very good and kind through the evening. The bread was amazing!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We ate here on our last night of our stay in Italy. I was delighted as a coeliac that there was a whole gluten free menu. The food and service was great. My boyfriend got the gnocchi with a cheese sauce and I got a sea food dish with black rice. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

1  Thank Irish_lass90
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We ate here twice during our week long stay and the food and service was excellent. My wife was very impressed by the range of gluten free food available. Indeed on our second visit I didn't relise that the bruschetta starter that i was having ( I don't need gluten free food) was infact gluten free. This was by far the best food we had in Viareggio and the atmosphere on the small outside terrace very pleasent. It was ( for Italy) good value too.

1  Thank Mick S
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We’ve been in Viareggio for two weeks on holiday and been in the Posteria for several times while that. I can only recommend this location. The food is very tasty and made from the heart. The atmosphere is relaxed and natural. The staff is very friendly and every name in the menu card is written in English, too. So this is a location where you can really enjoy your stay and your meal, not just get something on the run. My opinion: five of five stars!