“Very good food and service”

Ristorante Il Porto
Ranked #18 of 494 Restaurants in Viareggio
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We stopped there despite reading a negative review which I was sure was not reflecting the reality; as others were very good. We were nicely welcomed with a glass of prosecco and were advised well on the menu. We had fresh fish very well cooked and a great starter, lovely dessert. I am quite a fussy eater and I love quality food, this restaurant was perfect for me. I recommend it to anyone who loves good food and fish. They are very nice and very professional, this place is worth going , there is a nice room upstairs and I will return there for sure.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We came to il porto one night this week, we didn't have a booking but that wasn't a problem. We were brought upstairs and shown the kitchen and chefs on route, which I thought was a nice touch. The service overall was excellent, definitely more attentive than most other places in Viareggio. The view was also fantastic!

Being on the Port itself, most of the dishes on the menu were seafood based with just a couple of meat options.
The food itself was delicious, beautifully presented and really tasty.

This restaurant is well worth a visit but definitely more expensive than most of the others, but a completely different experience than the others also!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Please ignore negative feedbacks, some people are just petty and should just get a life!!
This place is absolutely superb, and this is coming from someone who dined twice in a Michelin star restaurant in the same area only this week. We are here on holiday and searched TripAdvisor for the best seafood restaurant in the area. The ones that come top two for seafood were closed for lunch so we ended up here, in the third one in the list and I am soooo glad we did! Everything is perfect starting with the setting (overlooking the charming marina), immaculate toilets (the best looking lavatories I have ever seen, with sinks in shape of shells), scrumptious food and very friendly waiters that go out of their way to please you. The food was beautifully presented and delicious, with small surprises in between, just like a proper Michelin starred restaurant (minus the price hehehehe). The seabass ceviche with avocado mousse and tiny chilies was out of this world, the oysters plump and meaty, the octopus starter amazing (best octopus EVER), the steamed seafood mix a pleasure for the eye and the tongue! Not to forget the yummy chocolate fondant with almond ice-cream! Just delicious, perfect ending to our amazing holiday in Tuscany! Grazie mille!

1  Thank Andreuta79
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Beautiful atmosphere, but there isn't anything else positive I have to say about this restaurant. Initially the service was very nice, but once there were more than 3 other tables full, service went down hill to embarrassing poor. The server was in the middle of discussing our dessert options, stopped mid-sentance, saying "I'll be right back" and left us sitting for 15 minutes while he waited on other tables. We finally asked for our bill, no dessert, and again waited 10 minutes, no response from any server. Best place I have ever, ever been glad to escape!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Harbourside seafood restaurants at seaside holiday towns can be a tourist rip off. Don't be fooled by the roadside terrace which suggests Il Porto is another pretender, the food inside is seriously good. Lunch today was an excellent linguine with seafood, tomato and fresh basil followed by fresh sea bass with vegetables. Simple, fresh and very well done. Perfect Italian cooking. And the house white was excellent.
Highly recommended.