All reviews nautical theme our honeymoon michelin star head barman outdoor gym amalfi coast relaxing hotel jacuzzi on the balcony glass of prosecco privilege room tasting menu capri bar on demand swim in the ocean egyptian cotton mini moon different levels
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This was mine and my fiancee's second visit and it's quite simply paradise.

Stunning hotel, beautifully scenic location hidden by the sea at Vico Equense, superb food (1 Michelin Star), peaceful, relaxing and everything you could wish for. Staff are fantastic - Michele, the bar manager deserves a special mention, nothing was too much trouble and having remembered us from our prior visit, was great to see him again!

Food-wise, the Maxo restaurant is probably in my top 3 meals i've eaten, the quality of local ingredients (often caught off the hotel), coupled with the extensive wine list (check out the wine cellar!) is fantastic.

By day you can eat by the sea and pool at the outdoor restaurant and stuff yourself with seafood and pasta and sleep it off in the sun!

Yes, it's expensive, however you get what you pay for and the proximity to Sorrento, Positano and Amalfi is great, however Vico Equense remains quieter and more traditional - definitely a hidden gem.

I don't often post on Tripadvisor as people have their own interpretations of what's 4 or 5 star, however Capo' is one of my favourite hotels in the world so i'm biased, but it's perfect - especially if you can get hold of a room with a private plunge pool.

Weather-wise, even July was cool in the evening, with the sun setting at 19:30-20:00 each evening, so it's ideal from this perspective.

I can't think of any downsides other than the damage to my bank balance! Airport transfers are quite steep, but best to let the hotel sort for you....other than that, if you're thinking of going, just book it!

Room Tip: Go for room with a private pool to make it extra special - let the sommelier help with the wine too!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William M
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Well located near Pompeii and Vesuvius. Beautiful rooms done in blues and whites. Loved the L'occitane toiletries. Breakfast was sumptuous with a knockout view. We enjoyed the pool and the proximity to the sea.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank thefef
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My first review on trip advisor but I felt the hotel was worth me joining the site to do so.

I booked the hotel via Kuoni for our honeymoon and my now husband and I had such a memorable time. After hours/days/weeks of deliberating over which hotel to book with, I came across capo la gala and felt I found a gem! Once we arrived via private transfer we were not proven wrong ... complimentary prosecco served on our room on arrival was a well received welcome.

The hotel was well maintained and all staff very approachable and friendly (particularly Michele the bartender who recommended and created some first class cocktails).

The complimentary shuttle bus from the hotel to the train station was ideal for us as we were keen to explore places such as Pompeii and sorrento etc - we made use of this up to 4 x a day and it was always readily available.

Our room was Clean stylish and bright with a breathtaking view over the sea; we were extremely comfortable for our weeks stay. Another bonus being the pool area was never over crowed and we were always guaranteed a good spot.

I would recommend this hotel for those who aren't keen on lounging around on a beach for 2 weeks all honeymoon - but for those who like to explore surroundings and come back to a little piece of luxury!

Although the food at the hotel was utterly delicious, we found it a little over priced for certain items (like a toasted sandwich over $20). In Vico Equense We stumbled across a VERY steep (but exciting) pathway of stairs that led down to marina Di equa called via pezzolo - it didn't appear to be known to tourists but a fantastic shortcut to some gorgeous restaurants on the marina (moustafa was our favourite) defiantly worth a visit!

All in all - an absolutely gorgeous boutique hotel!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Olivia M
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We just left Capo La Gala and were absolutely thrilled with our experience. The hotel is very small, and as a result, very personal. If your style is small, private, boutique hotels which make you feel special then this is the place for you.

Our room (superior) was lovely, small but with a huge bed and lovely products. The best part about it is the terrace which gets sunshine through to 830pm. Every night we ordered gin and tonics and watched the sunset and it was just magical. The two restaurants are both excellent, one is more casual with the usual pizza, pasta, meat and seafood and the other is a Michelin star dining which is delicious. The common areas are lovely, pictures do not do it justice. The spa is amazing. And best of all was the staff, in particular the waiting staff in the restaurants, the lovely bar man and the pool lifeguard.

We also took a private boat trip to Capri which whilst very expensive we would say was worth the money.

Do not expect to be staying in the centre of Positano/Sorrento. This hotel is away from the crowds but for us this is a bonus.

Thank you for an excellent stay, we hope to be back soon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carly P
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Good service at check-in. The welcome is very warm and they make you feel at home very quickly in their lounge. Service was otherwise pretty patchy. We were left at the bottom of the hotel without a key card to get back upstairs in the lift. They forgot the turn down service. Suspect it was due to the wedding party that night (of which there are many!). The music was loud until midnight but then it did quieten down immediately.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple