Astoria Vico Hotel(Vico Equense)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$121
  • Breakfast included
B&B Maria Grazia(Vico Equense)
Aequa Hotel(Vico Equense)
  • Breakfast included
Apta Mihi B&B(Vico Equense)
TripAdvisor
Agriturismo La Chiana(Vico Equense)
Aequa Rooms(Vico Equense)
Agriturismo Castanito(Vico Equense)
All reviewsnautical themeour honeymoonhead barmanmichelin starwine listindoor poolamalfi coastprivilege roomon demandparadise roommini moondifferent levelseasy access to the seasteam roomamazing cocktailsglass of proseccoboutique hotel
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stay in the capo le gala 5* hotel and was just amazing. Views were out of this world so relaxing just the place to chill out.staff lovely and helpfull.spa is very nice.breakfast was very nice and recieved great service.
Only thing that wasnt was for us was the maxi resturant food and choice and was very expensive ok if the odd night but every night would give you a big bill if you dine in there every night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

At 10 minutes by train from Sorrento, this place is more restful and beautiful than old hotels you can find on the Amalfi Coast.
Stunning view, listening to the wave sound to find your sleep.
The swimming pool should be heated, luckily we were authorized to use the heated pool inside the spa with our kids as there were nobody else in the spa. The Jacuzzi outside was broken :-(.
The classic room does have a view on the sea but could be improved in terms of setting.
The ladies at the reception were helpful even if we've got contrary information that were a bit surprising, but anyway they tried their best...

Free shuttle to reach the train station, then take the Circumvesuvia train to Sorrento (10 minutes) and you will avoid huge traffic jam

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank VGGZ
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Came here with my wife on our honeymoon wanting to stay somewhere special. Whilst the hotel is in a very nice location - the service and experience was far below what was expected from a apparent 5 star hotel. During our stay the pool and outdoor area were closed for maintenance for 3 days - no one told us anything. WiFI barely worked in the room and the rooms are tiny. We went to try their cocktail bar which had a really nice menu only to find out it was the bartenders day off so we couldn't order from this menu.

Oh, and if you want an ice bucket in your room that will be 10 Euro...

When i raised these issues with staff - their response was substandard and indifferent.

A really disappointing experience. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Les C
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and paid to be upgraded to a room with a private pool- it was worth every penny! Unfortunately this room was only available for 2 nights so on the 3rd night we moved to a room with a terrace and it was nice- but nowhere near the same at the room with the private pool!

The breakfast was nice- cold meats, cheese, fruits, cakes, pizza and even lasagna- then you could order your choice of eggs or pancakes if you wanted something hot too.

The sea was quite rough when we arrived so we couldn't go in it but we loved watching the waves crashing on the rocks and went to the spa for a very relaxing massage (€85 each) and to use the pool and sauna and steam room (included in hotel stay/ free). The following day the sea was lovely and calm and we had bought a lilo with us to the hotel to chill out on. (I would recommend this!)

Both of the restaurants were lovely although the Maxi restaurant was very expensive! It was a treat for us on our honeymoon and we thoroughly savoured every moment!!
The lunch time restaurant was great too! The food was fresh and top quality- we were only disappointed as during our 4day stay the pizza oven was not working once!

The hotel staff were wonderful and very friendly. The most friendly was the bar man who was always happy to see us!

The local town Vico Equense is quaint and small with some cute pizza restaurants. We got a taxi to Sorrento one afternoon and it was €60 each way. Nice drive and great to see it but way more touristy and less authentic than vico Equense.

This stay was expensive but a total treat and I would love love love to return to to hotel one day! I would thoroughly recommend it!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gabby m
Reviewed 22 September 2017

This hotel exceeded my expectations by far. From the moment we arrived we were taken good care of. Our room was not ready as we arrived early, but the staff made sure we had all we needed by the pool. Sunbathing, swimming in the refreshing water and drinking prosecco in between, relaxing music playing in the background and the tantalizing smell from the Nerea Taverna preparing for lunch. What a heaven on earth!

We had a Superior Room with a fantastic terrace facing the sea. The room is not that big, but because of the terrace and the view I did not mind.

We spent most of our 3 days at the hotel because we had been travelling around Italy for a week and just wanted to relax and indulge. And I can not imagine a better place to do this.
We had lunch at the Taverna Nerea. The restaurant was full but did not feel crowded at all, as goes for the hotel in general actually. A lot of alternatives on the menu from tuna tartare, calamari and to pastas and pizzas. Both food and atmosphere was amazing.

For aperitivo we went to Bar Capri at sunset, and what a place this is! I could sit here for hours, drinking well made drinks and breathing the fresh air from the sea. I actually had the best Negroni I have ever tasted at this place, and I know my negronis.
This was thanks to the head barman Michele, always taking good care of us and making impeccable drinks.

The best food experience was by far at the Maxi restaurant, where we went three times during our stay. They surely deserve their Michelin star. We had the tasting menu with wine pairing, which I can recommend from the bottom of my heart.

A special thanks to the sommelier Nello who really put an effort into making our experience the best. We are quite interested in wine and appreciate learning new things about the wines in the region, and Nello was so passionate about his work.
We also had a wine tasting with Nello in the beautiful wine cellar, and I learned a lot about Campania wines this evening. I really recommend making this a part of your stay.

There was a big wedding at the hotel our first night. But this is more an advantage than disadvantage as you can enjoy the music and the great atmosphere from a distance, making the hotel lively and fun for a night. It did not affect the Maxi restaurant or the Bar Capri so you can enjoy the facilities as usual.

The SPA is very nice as well, with a salt water pool, several saunas and a cold pool. We spent a day here when it was pouring down outside.

Breakfast was really good, a nice buffet and a la carte orders on eggs, pancakes etc. It is nice to start the day with a smiling staff and the view of the sea.

I do travel a lot over the whole world and I must say that I left a bit of my heart at Capo la Gala Hotel. It is just one of those special places on earth.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have an amazing terrace with views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple