“Fantastico”

Ristorante Pizzeria Eclips
Price range: US$19 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: During the summer we are open 7/7 and for the other seasons we are closed on Monday.We are also Open for Lunch.
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Perfect setting, perfect sized portions of quality food. Excellent service from friendly staff, who spoke excellent English. Cannot recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Ate here twice in a week while staying in Desenzano. The food is amazing. The first time I had the beef carpaccio as a starter which is the best I have ever had. My boyfriend had the smoked swordfish with fennel which he declared as amazing. Very generous portions. We only had pizza the first time, and this was very nice with the thinnest base we have come across. Fresh focaccia bread accompanied the starters which was warm, drizzled in olive oil and herbs and a great accompaniment.

Second time there we both opted for the same starters which indicted their quality, although having seen the Parma ham and melon come out, as well as the Parma, mozzarella and tomato, I almost wished I could have had those as well! Again, these were great. For mains I opted for the fillet mignon with a mushroom and rosemary sauce and my boyfriend had the beef wrapped in speck. Both were cooked to perfection and thoroughly satisfying. Panna cotta, made as only the Italians can, finished off the meal.
Truly memorable meal, with great service throughout. Very nice setting with a view of the lake, albeit across the road from it. I am amazed this restaurant isn't higher up and is definitely worth a visit and a trip out from the main centre, where I always felt a bit ripped off. Food here is definitely worth the money you are paying and we would make a point of eating here again next time we are in desenzano.

1  Thank sc00ba
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Service was great, you could tell the owners took pride in quality. Food was really quite delicious - especially the specials menu. House wine was excellent and atmosphere was pleasant. Overall a pretty good dining experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I just returned from a two and a half week trip to Europe. We can both say without reservation that this is the best meal we had while there, if not the best meal we've ever had (and we eat out a lot!) The place is owned by a brother/sister duo and their mother makes all the pastas from scratch. We each had a pasta entree followed by a beef entree and a shared dessert. Both pastas were out of this world good. My husband had a raw beef plate (carpaccio) and it was incredible. My filet with ham wrap was also perfectly cooked and incredibly flavored. For dessert we shared the panna cotta...once again, incredible. They have an extensive wine list with a great selection - prices very reasonable. We decided to take a bottle of wine home with us to our hotel - on our way out they gave us glasses and opened the bottle for us since we didn't have wine glasses in our room! Very thoughtful touch. Needless to say, this restaurant is a must try. It overlooks the water, the ambiance is beautiful, the service and staff is nothing short of perfection, the wine list filled with excellent selections and the food is the best out there. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. This is a must! We will definitely go back when we're there!

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

We went there last night,since the pizzeria that we usually go to was closed.The interior is really beautiful and warm,we loved it!the staff is really welcoming,they are also pet friendly,we went with our dog:-) we had pizza,ingredients were fresh,the pizza a bit thinner for our taste,but still very tasty!Will be coming back!

1  Thank sanjabg85