“Dissapointment”

Ristorante Pizzeria Eclips
Price range: US$19 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: During the summer we are open 7/7 and for the other seasons we are closed on Monday.We are also Open for Lunch.
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were on the search for a nice last romantic dinner before husband had to take a trip for work. On a busy Saturday night, after not having luck in being able to reserve a table at a restaurant we had previously planned on trying out, and driving around for 45 mn in search of a nice restaurant, we were so excited to finally have found this place. Pet friendly which was exactly what we were looking for since we had our pups with us. Service started out very well, we were given a table right away, the server we had spoke Enough English for him to explain the menu and give his recommendations on the food and wine. We ordered a starter, and asked for two secondi meals and a salad for my husband. Starter was brought out, waiter asked if we would like some bread to accompany our meal. About five mn later a plate of some burnt focaccia bread was brought out. Not exactly what we anticipated nevertheless, It didn't matter so much to us, we were looking forward to enjoying a nice romantic dinner.
After about five mn my plate was brought out, I waited since my husbands had not hit the table yet. 20 mn went by, we kept nibbling on our bread, the server was seen three times with other tables but my husbands food was still not out. After 10 mn and trying to flag the waiter down with no luck, I decided to share my plate with my husband in the mean time before it got too cold, thinking it shouldn't be much longer for them to bring it out. A total of thirty mn passed and still nothing yet. That was just upsetting. We know service can be slow here Italy, but we just ordered a simple prawn and fish plate, and tables who had came in twenty mn after us were receiving their food no problem. My husband understood it was a busy night and although still hungry just wanted to get the check and leave, being it was 1030pm and we still had over an hour drive home. So I walked up to the service desk and mentioned to them that we still had not received my husbands secondi or salad, but it was ok, we just wanted to get our check so we could start our drive home. He felt embarrassed, walked to the kitchen and asked if our second meal was ready. He came out and apologized that the meal wasn't out yet, but that they were working on it. I asked for the check, realized I left my wallet at the table so told him I was grabbing my wallet, came back and he began to ring up the bill, it came to a total of 96€ at the end he added an extra 10€ charge because they had already made the food and WE didn't want it.
I went from being upset to just aggravated. I politely made it clear to him that we had waited for over half an hour, trying to flag waiters down with no luck. It seemed completely clear that they had just forgotten to make the second plate for us and tried to rush it out at the last minute. It didn't seem right for us to be penalized for waiting, not receiving our food and still having to pay. He then began to argue that everyone has to wait thirty minutes even longer, which I understand but after noticing other tables who got there after us receiving their food before us it was clear what had happened. Beyond that he just continued arguing and said it wasn't their fault, it didn't make a difference to him and it didn't bother him at all that we waited and that I was upset. After paying the bill, he sarcastically said bona cerata, goodbye.
Following all the great reviews, didn't expect to see that type of horrible service.
Great day at lake Garda with a disapproving end of the night.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The food was excellent. Staff were really friendly and very helpful. Lovely big terrace for a hot evening. Real pride invested in offering an all round dining experience. This place is a must.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Perfect setting, perfect sized portions of quality food. Excellent service from friendly staff, who spoke excellent English. Cannot recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Ate here twice in a week while staying in Desenzano. The food is amazing. The first time I had the beef carpaccio as a starter which is the best I have ever had. My boyfriend had the smoked swordfish with fennel which he declared as amazing. Very generous portions. We only had pizza the first time, and this was very nice with the thinnest base we have come across. Fresh focaccia bread accompanied the starters which was warm, drizzled in olive oil and herbs and a great accompaniment.

Second time there we both opted for the same starters which indicted their quality, although having seen the Parma ham and melon come out, as well as the Parma, mozzarella and tomato, I almost wished I could have had those as well! Again, these were great. For mains I opted for the fillet mignon with a mushroom and rosemary sauce and my boyfriend had the beef wrapped in speck. Both were cooked to perfection and thoroughly satisfying. Panna cotta, made as only the Italians can, finished off the meal.
Truly memorable meal, with great service throughout. Very nice setting with a view of the lake, albeit across the road from it. I am amazed this restaurant isn't higher up and is definitely worth a visit and a trip out from the main centre, where I always felt a bit ripped off. Food here is definitely worth the money you are paying and we would make a point of eating here again next time we are in desenzano.

1  Thank sc00ba
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Service was great, you could tell the owners took pride in quality. Food was really quite delicious - especially the specials menu. House wine was excellent and atmosphere was pleasant. Overall a pretty good dining experience.