US$74
Enter Viking Hotel(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$76
Smarthotel Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$69
  • Bar/Lounge
Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$77
  • Bar/Lounge
Enter City Hotel(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$125
Thon Hotel Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Scandic Grand Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$93
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Thon Hotel Polar(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$88
US$136
US$130
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnorthern lightsmiso soupself cateringhot tubhalibutbucket lista nice place to staystayed one nighta wonderful staythree nightshotel staffremote locationlovely sceneryevening mealbeach cabinend of juneasked the waitress
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I visited Sommaroy for 3 days last year in 2016, and it was the best time of my life. I stayed in a cabin, and the views were just incredible. I would walk out onto the fjords, and beach and walk up along the small mountains every day and it was just breath taking. The cabins themselves were immaculate and with great facilities. they hat a hot tub too, and i ate at the hotel. at the time i was a vegetarian and they were incredibly accommodating and the food was delicious. Since i have been it has been renovated and it looks EVEN better (if thats possible)??!! I had the most amazing time. Nearby theres a place you can kayak ect, rent bikes, and theres a small shop for food and souvenirs, and its near Tromso too (another of my favourite places). In all, a fantastic place to spend in summer or winter ( i am yet to go in winter) but if you're going to sommaroy or anywhere near trams, you have to go here. Bucket list criteria! Tusen takk Sommarøy!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank lizzie p
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I had the incredible privilege of being a guest for three days at the Arctic hotel. I was absolutely stunned by the beauty of the area and touched by the incredible hospitality, high standard, impeccable food and friendly beyond believe service. The owner manager creates a great atmosphere by his humour stories and his care and attention for detail. An amazing place to hold business meetings for those that want to get in touch with nature boat tours to see the Eagles whatever it might be an arctic hotel is by far one of the best places I've stayed in the world!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sparpook
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Stayed for 2 nights whilst on a tour of Tromso area in November. The hotel was in the midst of massive rennovations which to be honest was a bit messy. We were upgraded to a cabin to keep us away from the works they were lovely. Food in the hotel was excellent and staff friendly and accomodating. We had included a whale watch tour which was excellent from the jetty near the hotel and saw the orcas & humpbacks. I am sure the works are now complete and from what I could see from the plans shown it will be a alot better now. Would return to take a new look if return to the area.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We stayed at Sommaroy Arctic Hotel for three nights, in Cabin 46, suitable for six people, three bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, diner, shower room. The cabin was a short walk from the main hotel. The cabin was one of many looking over the lagoon. It was clean comfortable, ideal for self catering. Also to our surprise sauna, which we used ech day. Outside the cabin was a balcony with a table with two benches which could also six people. The northern lights normally come from the west, and from the balcony each night we were so very lucky to witness a truly magnificent display. The colour in the sky have to be seen to be believed. The snow on the ground, made it a wonderful winter wonderland. Everyone at the hotel were nice and very helpful. Perfect in every way. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: I think to lay a little extra and have a cabin
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Very excellent facilities, good dining and fantastic nature. We also did the hot tube with bathing in the see at 3gr Celsius . Very worth the visit and we will come back in summer time one year. Love to see the northern lights

Stayed: March 2017