“Sorry to see you go”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

The Bluebell, brings so many wonderful memories of lovely occasions.
As a family, it has been a favourite, especially for special get togethers.
The food has always been exemplary, and reflected the hard work, from all involved. Not cheap, but certainly not expensive....For the food and good service I would say it’s well worth the money.

I hope the next owners, do as well, and I wish the present team, Good Luck, for their future.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We dined here when staying overnight after day 2 of 6 walking the South Downs Way. We were very well looked after by Simon, and I thoroughly enjoyed my whitebait followed by risotto, with Ballards Best to wash it down.
It is a great shame that financial pressures will see the closure of this place before the end of the month.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

After a long day walking the South Downs Way, my meal was delicious and they took very good care of my partner's gluten free, dairy free needs. Thank you!

1  Thank Nomadventurer
Reviewed 21 September 2017

There isn't much (any!) choice in Cocking for an evening meal, but fortunately this pub served great food. There was a lot of choice on the menu and we all enjoyed our meals, suitably sized and well presented. The beer variety was lacking however (2 available, one of which was Amstel... ). Inside of pub was well furnished, and music on in the background. Seemed to be a lot of people around for a weekday evening, will be a shame if the rumours are true if it is closing!

1  Thank CWoof93
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Stopped here for an evening meal whilst walking the Southdowns way. Vegetarian choices were above and way beyond normal pub food, carnivore option was out standing. Had the duck leg myself and the meat just fell off the bone.
Staff and service were excellent.
The only down side on our visit was finding out its going to be closing in about 6 weeks due to rent increases, shame on you landlord. As this is the only place to eat in Cocking.

1  Thank Barry P