“Beautiful and fun”
Review of Tinuy-an Falls

Tinuy-an Falls
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Bislig
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is amazing. You can hike to the second tier of the falls, it is a little scary being up there but pretty awesome at the same time. They make a "guide" go with you, I think we tipped him like 50 pesos and he was happy. Definitely also do the raft at the bottom of the falls, I think it was 300 pesos and then you tip the guy who takes you out. They tell you to rent a life jacket, we didn't and the guys at the rafts didn't force us to. The raft is definitely the highlight, pretty intense when you get close to the falls, so much fun!

All reviews
"taking pictures"
"this place is amazing"
"early in the morning"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The falls are nice, and it was fun; but the restrooms, changing rooms and other facilities could use some work.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I went to Tinuy-an Falls on a solo backpacking trip. I didn't have any vehicle of my own so the best option is to ride habal-habal from the city center, travel time is approximately 45 minutes. When I reached the place, I was so surprised how crowded it was, probably because it was Saturday and already around 1pm. Tinuy-an Falls is so big, marvelous and breathtaking. Really, I was speechless when I saw it for the first time. It looked like a moving big curtain and you can hear the water falling from above. The falls was magnificent, unfortunately, the place was not. There were too many people and of course if there were people, there were trash. The tourists were totally disappointing. Other than that, they had a weird policy for people who travel without a vehicle. I contacted a habal-habal driver in the city center and we agreed I will pay the amount of 800 pesos in my tour in Bislig. But when I reached Tinuy-an, they have a policy that requires people to ride with one of the Habal-habal who were assigned to take people out from Tinuy-an for 150 pesos. As they said, it was a strict policy. I declined the offer and I told my driver to pay the 150 pesos which will be deducted from the 800 pesos I agreed to pay. At first they didn't want it and they asked me to transfer to one of the Habal-habal because I have to wait for another passenger before we go. I said no. Firmly. It was like a scam or I don't know I just don't like the idea. But anyhow I managed to convince them and I was relieved I got out of that situation. If you travel alone, you really have to protect yourself and be aware of the different things people do to trick you. But despite what happened, Tinuy-an experience is still the best.

1  Thank Andrea Irinna V
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Also a trip last October 2016, we ventured out to see this majestic falls when we were in Surigao. It was raining that time and expect dirt roads became a bit difficult to pass through. We went here via "habal-habal" because the road is really steep. But once there it was a really overwhelming sight especially when we went under the falls itself. You can also go at the top of the falls and see the mini waterfalls there. But let me warn you, you better be prepared for the stairs coz there's a lot. I just wished though that the guides there are more knowledgeable when it comes to taking pictures. We had the trouble getting a good shot because of their point-and-shoot approach and mosy of them were blurry.