“Horrible and greasy”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The worst I ever ate in France. A burger between two röstis. Actually 1 mm of meat between two slices of greasy, oily potato cakes served with even greasier chips. Thanks.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

I wish I could give this place more, but it was disappointing. The staff were friendly and efficient, but the food was poor. The starter was supposed to be battered squid and prawns, but on opening the batter there was practically nothing inside. I like my steak rare but it arrived and was very greasy, almost cold and virtually raw - so had to be sent back. The chips were pretty soggy and tasted bitter, like the oil was burnt or too old.
To top it all I ask for some water to take the taste of the food away and when I got the bill I realised I'd been charge €5 for it!
The place was quite busy with tourists, probably because it's on the main road along the river, but I only went there because I was famished after a long Sunday travelling.
I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

My wife and I are regular visitors to Boulogne and we always stop off at La Cabane restaurant, be it on a day trip or a longer holiday. The restaurant is quite small but very cozy and clean. The staff are wonderful, helpful and will happily speak English with you should your French not be so good! The food is equally wonderful and is always dished out by the waiter's promptly with excellent presentation every time. If I was to give La Cabane a negative, it would be to maybe have a separate menu in other languages as a lot of other restaurants do, but that said we are visitors to another Country, so as I say a very minor point. All in all an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

What a nice place, a pleasant atmosphere and well worth a visit. The staff were were friendly and helpful. Service was a little bit slow, but it was a busy day. The food was very good and delivered quickly. Very happy to call in again the next time we are in Boulogne.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and the menu had many French favourites. We opted for the mixed fish (mussels, calamari and prawns in a lovely cream sauce) and a salmon and prawn gratin with beautifully made fries with skins. The meal was amazing, the restaurant was comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. A really pleasant experience and I would definitely return.