Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews yummy food unique experience island boat malaysia jungle nature electricity resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

My family and friends truly enjoyed our stay at Belum Eco Resort a lot. Great host. Friendly and great staff plus good food. Nothing extravagant but food cooked well and tasty indeed. The scenery is awesome around the resort. I wish I had more days here. Definitely will come back again. Quaint, quiet and calm. Activities arranged were good and on time. Love it here! Very humbled by being to see the bloom of the rafflesia flower! Woo hoo!

Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank ivanf587
Reviewed 7 August 2019

The staffs are very friendly, helpful and accommodating in answering inquiries.I also change my booking date 3 days prior to arrival and they don't add an extra charge, thanks on that! The place is nice and beautiful, especially in the morning.

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank thefatspoontraveller
Reviewed 29 March 2019 via mobile

Awesome trip indeed, Great sceneries, Great host, Great home cooked food and Great people indeed. We had Wonderful short vacation there and Host Mr Steve Can share lot of info regarding his resort and Belum stories. Very informative guy. His staff Borhan was very helpful and Easy going guy too. If you like nature,you will not regret to spend few days there.
Very enjoyable and relax holiday getaway trip.

Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank 28chang
Reviewed 10 January 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Would recommend it as an incredible way to experience the beauty of nature. Very relaxed and un-spoilt surroundings. Staff very friendly and efficient, food excellent.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank deniseil2015
Reviewed 10 January 2019

We stayed at the Belum Eco-Resort for 3 days/2 nights. Note - you have to book a package to stay, at least food but you're really going in order to take a tour; so I made the reservation initially through a website but finalized over email/paypal.

The drive to Royal Belum was very pleasant, a nice road and the jetty where you meet the boat is modern and has lots of information on the Royal Belum park. Driving in Malaysia was easy, I imagine we could have taken a bus but having our own car was much easier. We left the car at the jetty, 5 MYR ($1 USD) per day. The boat showed up on time and one other family joined us on our trip back to the island.

The boat trip is very nice, a leisurely tour on a houseboat, and is a nice perk to staying at this resort. I also looked at the other Belum Resort, but I'm glad we chose this one. The Belum Rainforest Resort is right along the main road, and while I imagine it's more luxurious you wouldn't feel like you're in the jungle looking at and hearing the road all day...

The resort has a beautiful main lodge with a big veranda overlooking the lake. The chalets are simple affairs, but we liked their rustic nature. There is a short walk between the chalets and main lodge with a few stairs, be aware if anyone has a disability.

Meals were done family style, and we thought the food was very good, traditional type cuisine for dinner, fresh caught fish, curries, etc.. A mix of western (e.g. french toast) and malay (noodles) for breakfast. Bring your own alcohol as they don't have any; but they do offer water, tea, coffee (instant) as much as you like.

They took us out on the lake the night we arrived for a little bird watching/sight seeing, and we did the full Royal Belum tour the next day. We were very fortunate to have a family who spoke english and malay along for the tour, as our guide spoke some english but they were able to ask questions and translate more directly. The lake is beautiful, we saw rafflesia, waterfalls, and some hornbills. Sadly, no elephants, but they're wild animals... Visiting the Orang Asli village was interesting.

The resort's owner Steve is clearly very passionate about the rainforest and environment. I liked the documentaries they had for us to watch; and Steve was able to share a lot of history about the region. Sadly, logging and lack of care for the environment has been drastically impacting the park and rainforest. I highly recommend this place and visiting the rainforest.

Date of stay: December 2018