“Adequate and without excitement.”
Review of Le Lido

Le Lido
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Chucking it down with rain when we visited, and since La Terrace was closed, we went here. Not the best of decisions but the food was adequate.

Salade des Gesiers was just that, a mountain of gesiers on a bed of salad leaves. Spouse had a buckwheat pancake with ratouille and an egg. She left most of it.
I followed with a beef dish, well cooked as requested (a pointe) with salad and fries. All very ordinary,
My menu allowed a pudding, so I had sickly chocolate profiteroles smothered in spray can cream which was partially eaten.

There are better restaurants in this town but this was literally the port in a thunderstorm. Expensive for what it was but adequate without any culinary excitement. We will not be back...

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Stopped using this place about a year ago. Saw it today and they general appearance from outside seemed much improved.. The menu hasn't changed but the service was much improved. Staff were pleasant and they appeared to have knowledge of English if needed. Under new ownership and we wish them well

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Poor service as soon as they realise you are English. Not sure if due to Brexit. Would never go here again. So ridiculous.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

The Lido serves a good range of food and provides an excellent place for lunch. Staff are friendly and most speak enough English to be really useful - and make your meal an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We were very disappointed by our visit. I ordered entrecôte and frite while my husband had one of the set menus. Both our main courses were stone cold and the sauce I had with my steak was tasteless. It was cream with a couple of slices of mushrooms in it.

The attitude of the waiter was very poor. He asked me why I hadn't eaten the sauce and he simply shrugged his shoulders when I politely explained. The final insult was the bill bought and put on our table covered by a dirty used ashtray. Hmmmm

We won't be going back.