“Loved it”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Postcode: IG7 6QA Tel: +44 (0) 208 559 1155
Reviewed 5 January 2018

My first time at Sheesh. My family live in Essex and have all been a few times, so it was my turn. The venue is stunning, great job, I hadnt been here since its old Kings Head days, lovely to see some old touches but with modern luxury. The service, I have to say, was outstanding. From the minute we walked in the door, there wasnt one moment where I had to look around for service, the waiters were really nice and quite funny. Food was delicious and plentiful, I probably shouldnt have had a starter as I couldnt finish my Chicken Sis!! Will definitely return on my next visit home.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 28 December 2017

After few unsuccessful bookings as always was full for requested days, finally we managed to book friend's birthday dinner. My advise: always plan minimum one month in advance if you thinking about this restaurant.
Food was excellence and delicious with outstanding taste. We ordered sets of meet and lamb. For starter we had olives mix, calamari and Halloumi cheese - delicious.
Service and atmosphere was very nice and professional.
One more lovely option - after dinner, which is time limited for 2 or 3 hours, you can seat unlimited in the garden under heated lamps and still enjoy the evening, your company, drinks.
One disappointment - that children are not allow here at any time.
We definitely will return!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Outstanding food. Ordered the big veal. And was slapped with a slab of soft tender meat. Beautiful food, lovely atmosphere. A restaurant booking everyone would look forward to dining at

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Booked a table as heard a lot about this place and despite some negative reviews about service thought we would give it a go.

On arrival told to go to the bar. From looking at other comments I think this is just an opportunity to sell us overpriced drinks - no thanks, Tap water with ice is fine for me!

Sat in love lounge which is very cramped and dark. I wish I bought my helmet with the built in torch.

To summarise:

- food - good portion size and not a long wait. Calamari could do with some seasoning but otherwise on the whole was good. Nothing spectacular. with the prices they are charging I want to be impressed. I get similar tasting kebabs on the high street.

- venue - very grand and regal on the exterior and looks good. Easy to get to with reasonable parking spaces.

- service - TERRIBLE - better service at my local takeaway!
For the venue and price you are paying you expect your waiter to be more welcoming, make some recommendations, ask about the reason for your visit maybe! All we got was some bloke with a notepad and pen saying what do you want?! Shocking.

The rude lady at the door with the lip piercing just came and dumped doughnuts on the table with a side of attitude.

Overall this place has potential and the food is good. Looks like the z list celebs and towie wannabees are keeping it busy.
The prices don’t reflect the experience you get.
if the service doesn’t improve people will move onto something else.

I doubt they will take it on board, they come across very arrogant and snobbish

13  Thank sruy1315
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

The evening started ok, i had arrived late due to awful traffic, and the ladies had said they'd given our table away because we were 35mins late. We waited at the bar, 20mins later they said we could sit in their 'love lounge', we said ok as we just wanted to eat, it was toooo dark, couldnt see a thing, we asked to be moved& the ladies at the door sighed& tutted like we were a burden. Anyway we sat by the fireplace to have a drink whilst we waited an old man in a suit& the two ladies came over and said you shouldnt have moved the furniture when we hadnt touched the furniture, they told us to get up so they could move it around. When they sat us back down they apologised unapolegetically. Then they said we had ordered food in the 'love lounge' and it had arrived, and they had no choice but to seat us (as though they had no intention of giving us a table) made us feel very uncomfortable. When we asked to spk to the manager they asked us to go reception, shouldnt the manager come to us? We felt so uncomfortable we ate& left, and went to LOKMA in woodford instead for dessert, where service was lovely& polite, not superficia and all round class. Thankyou Engin and team

12  Thank YAZMIN13