“Never again”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Postcode: IG7 6QA Tel: +44 (0) 208 559 1155
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We travelled far to come here on a Wednesday night as we'd heard a lot about the place. Don't even know where to start! I wasn't allowed to wear my coat as It wasn't 'smart' enough (it was very smart), and it was freezing cold! We were taken upstairs to the lounge because our table wasn't ready so they sat us half hour late. We had a few drinks then went to our table which was in a quiet part of the restaurant and the atmosphere felt very dull.
We had our food (£20 for a bowl of CHIPS!) then went and sat outside as this was the nicest part of our evening.
We then took ourselves upstairs to what seemed like someones living room with loud music, everyone ontop of each other and everyone judging one another.
We sat with a group of boys we'd met outside (only seats left to sit) where we found a few girls who were with them giving us dirty looks. They then picked a fight and we decided to leave before things got worse

I'd like to imagine its nicer on a Saturday/Sunday evening without that stuck up crowd.

6  Thank ImAFoodie123
Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We have been coming here for some time now & the food is wonderful every time.Great venue with sumptuous furnishings.Yes it's a bit OTT but you can't help but love it.The bar upstairs is comfortable with good music even if the drinks are a little on the expensive side.Odd really as the menu in the restaurant is well,priced.Of course a few stars come here ( & a few that only wish they were! ) but every guest is made to feel just as much of a priority.There is a venue up on the higher floors for private dining or hire for an occasion. My family like to try to eat healthily & this place gives you the perfect opportunity to eat without the guilt.The meat is just so incredibly tender and tastes incredible.Such huge portions but it has such huge & colourful salad on each meal it balances out.Side dishes are great but the portions are so large that you won't need too many.They will box up anything you can't get through & people actively want to take it home as they have lovely stylish boxes to pack it up in.This is Sheesh so I wouldn't expect any less from them.If you are lucky enough to be there on the nights the card guy is there then expect to have your mind blown as he is incredible.If you haven't been here yet then put it top of your place s to dine.The cars in the car park make for good viewing too.Get the valet to park for you as it gets tight in the car park..love it !!!

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The food is very nice, clean food. Very large portions. The staff can’t do enough for you from parking your car, taking your coats, finding you a table, taking your orders. It was all very smooth sailing and the live music upstairs in the cocktail bar was lovely with a nice vibe!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

My husband and I reserved a table at this establishment on Saturday night , and were very impressed. Food was delicious, service was impeccable from the people who greet you at the door to our lovely waiter. Upstairs in the cocktail lounge was a lovely vibe and great singer. Made to feel very welcome.
Amazing décor .....Thank you for a Fabulous evening x

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My first time at Sheesh. My family live in Essex and have all been a few times, so it was my turn. The venue is stunning, great job, I hadnt been here since its old Kings Head days, lovely to see some old touches but with modern luxury. The service, I have to say, was outstanding. From the minute we walked in the door, there wasnt one moment where I had to look around for service, the waiters were really nice and quite funny. Food was delicious and plentiful, I probably shouldnt have had a starter as I couldnt finish my Chicken Sis!! Will definitely return on my next visit home.