I almost never write anything in comments, but now I feel that if I don't leave a comment I would be a part of the gang persuading Is Arenas is a 5 star hotel.
The food. Is Arenas is real bad at food. When you are a guest it seems like you are not in Italy so famous for delicious food:
1) there is absolutely no room service. It makes life of families with small children (who cannot go out to dinners) absolutely uncomfortable. You cannot order anything to eat and try finding scarce opportunities the hotel has to offer;
2) dinners are by far not tasty (our friends decided to leave the hotel next morning when they understood the tasty italian food is not something they would get in Is Arenas);
3) restaurant (rather cafe) by the sea seems like a not tasty kiosk run by a couple of local guys;
4) breakfast is a rather 3 star rating with lines of people waiting for new cups, plates and staff not talking english (a real mess when in action);
5) besides it's not tasty and badly planned the biggest bummer in eating at the hotel actually is dirty dishes and cups. Out of 5-6 times we went either to breakfast or ate during lunch all of the times we received dirty cups, plates and teapots. After several tries (and after our friends left because of food and service) we decided to leave the hotel and find a proper 5 star hotel.
The beach: during our stay out of 7 days 4 days it was covered in piles of seaweed so you couldn't go into the water, the rest of the days the wind was delivering big waves so you couldn't go into the water either. Walking to the beach with a stroller is not an option because of the pavement. You'll have to leave it behind and walk for a kilometer or so.
There are a few great beaches nearby that the hotel doesn't inform properly the guests of (Mari Ermi and Is Arutas). Both of the beaches have unique quartz sand (big granulas size of rice), clear blue waters and is worth traveling to Sardinia to see. In Mari Ermi you are able to rent umbrellas and sunbeds plus there are a couple of restaurants open by the sea. In Is Arutas views are stunning, but the beach is not organized (no services available).
The cleaning. The only proper thing maids are capable of is changing towels. We had a plate with remains of ice cream and a couple of empty prosecco bottles and glasses during all of the stay nicely arranged on the table in the living room waiting for us to leave.
Front desk. When I asked what penalties for canceling the hotel the front desk manager assured me they would charge all of the stay (while it was only one night penalty). If you are trying to leave, the staff will not care for you or will not try to mend your experience.
The property is located in a beautiful pine forest. The area of the hotel is very nice. The property part of the hotel is in decent condition: rooms are newly done, spacious and comfortable. The solution for the owner of the hotel is clear-cut: fire the Mira Hotels management company!
I would never recommend Is Arenas to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A refined 5-star Resort in a modern and elegant style, notable for its unique location, immersed in the beautiful Is Arenas pine forest, a protected area of particular environmental importance. The pine forest is a Mediterranean microclimate that regenerates the spirit and warms the soul, and not just in the summer: 800 hectares of undulating cluster pine foliage that blend into a 6km stretch of pristine beach that slopes gently into the crystal-clear sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Is Arenas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Is Arenas