“The craft beer was excellent but no wifi”

Brauhaus Joh. Albrecht
Ranked #4 of 293 Restaurants in Konstanz
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Walked all the way across the near none existent Swiss:German border to visit this Brewery (all of 20 minutes). The beer was good, especially the craft beer, although they had no weissbier on tap the night I visited. Steak and chips was OK but nothing to set the culinary world on fire but what do you expect from an establishment that advertises itself primarily as a brewery?
The only negative for me (travelling alone) was that there was no wifi, that said I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Situated in the Old City, this establishment is firstly in a very old historical building, but, most importantly, a great option for craft beers. I chanced upon it while walking through the old city and something just attracted me to it. And I was not disappointed, the beer was cold and good and the atmosphere relaxed and friendly.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This is a difficult review to write because one person spoilt an otherwise OK visit when the waitress chose to help herself to a more than 20% tip. Waiting in Germany is a profession and as a professional she should have known better. Her lack of integrity let down the team effort of her colleagues. Disappointing.

We recovered our cash and she got zero tip as a reward for her quite deliberate actions.

Meeting and greet fine. Beer served unfiltered and OK. Food OK too.

2  Thank NZBeerMonster
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I was trying to determine how to rate this place - 4 stars for their beer and perhaps 3 for their food
Came here due to various reviews on TripAdvisor, the fact they had an extensive menu and because they are a brew house
It appears to be a popular destination as it filled up rather quickly on a Sunday night - so best to reserve a table if possible
Fun and interesting decor
Service was efficient and pleasant
Food was not the worst we've eaten; although it certainly wasn't the best. For my Canadian friends I would characterize this as the equivalent of an Eastside Marios - in that it appears to be a franchised operation that caters to a certain demographic. That being said, the beer was good and the food was served quickly and was more than edible
I have no doubt there are better restaurants in the old town of Konstanz but this managed our expectations just fine

1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant and bar have a really wonderful German atmosphere, However I cannot find a decent beer here. Once I ordered a Radler and was served beer mixed with apple juice. In the restaurant's defense, Radler wasn't on the menu, but they let me order it. It was really not good at all. The food looks good but actually we never ordered anything more than a pretzel.