“Fresh, fresh, fresh! ”
Review of The Coriander

The Coriander
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Restaurant across from Buckhurst Hill underground station in Buckhurst Hill in Essex with sit down and takeaway options.
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I do tend to agree with some of the takeaway reviews here - it can be a bit 'hit and miss' at times but I put that down to them getting extremely busy.

Don't let this put you off either going to collect your food yourself or sitting down in the restaurant - both of which involve you getting off your backside.

We're fairly frequent eaters here and our dinner yesterday at The Coriander was superb. Amazingly fresh and full of flavour.

My usual is a Chicken Jalfrezi, Coriander Special naan (with chilli & cheese), Pilau Rice and their amazing Onion Bhajis.

Service is always good and I'd describe as 'businesslike'. You probably won't get much chitter-chatter from the waiters but then you probably don't come here to make friends.

1  Thank ParadiseRd

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Ordered a takeaway told 45 mins 75 mins and 4 lies later still not here shame used lots of times never again

1  Thank Blub1965
Jakir H, Public Relations Manager at The Coriander, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

On the weekends we are very busy, we never say 45 minutes on any occasion during this period. Minimum time on orders on this particular day was 65 - 70 minutes. there must have been a communication error and we are sorry about this.

Perfection takes time.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Decided to choose this Indian for a late Sunday eve meal. Food was very very good - Plenty of it too! Very well cooked and very tasty. If your in the area I would very much recommend this restaurant. We will be back.

1  Thank paulkstone
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We have been visiting and getting take always from the Corriander for years the food is always good however the staff are inconsistent. I tried to make our regular order the same one I have made on many occasions including last week. I have never had a problem.... on this occasion the very rude staff member told me I could not swap my vegetable curry which comes with a biryani for another vegetable dish unless I paid extra petty I know. Now I really dont mind paying for food but the same food I have been ordering for years now suddenly has an extra charge as it’s more expensive. This particular guy has really put me off ordering and visiting here again. As a local I like to support any of my local buisness but I put the phone down and have now given my buisness to another local Indian who’s food is lovely and so are their staff. Well done you for losing a very loyal customer to be honest I have had a few people of late mention the rude staff what a shame

1  Thank Melissa W

Hi Melissa, we are very sorry to have put you off. we never like to loose a loyal customer such as you, on this occasion the member of staff was mistaken and I would personally like to apologise for this. I hope to see you again and I can assure you it wont happen again.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I sometimes pop into the restaurant on the way home from work as it’s by the train station. On the phone the guy comes across a little rude but when your sitting in the takeaway pick up area you can see how busy he is answering several phones and trying to keep everyone happy. He’s actually a very friendly and generous person , he has giving me free drinks while I wait many times. I ate in the restaurant with my wife before and more recently with a friend , the decor does definitely need updating which may put people off of a romantic night out ( not the surroundings that I like to be taking my wife to ). That said the food taste fantastic, definitely in the top 3 of Indian restaurants within several miles in my opinion. Great food and definitely underpriced,,,,,,sshhhh !

1  Thank Garry W

haha, thank you Gary! we will be recording in due time, we just don't want our customer to miss us whilst we are closed.