All reviewsblack forestfree accessgreat placenew zealandstayed longercharming hotelhochschwarzwald cardthis family run hotelhalf boardpublic transportalexthomashostswalksgermanytrampolinerabbits
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I spent about 4 weeks in the Black Forest area in southern Germany and while I wanted to stay in many hotels I ended up staying my entire time in this great place.

The rooms were spotless and the meals were great and all the staff helpful. I met individuals, couples and young families staying here so they were able to cater for all guests.

There is a train nearby so you can access many different towns with ease and the hotel is very close to the start of some great walks in the forest.

The owners, Alex and Thomas, were great people and had great senses of humour and it was sad saying goodbye. Definitely a place to return to.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
NZ99, Manager at Landhotel Bierhaeusle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for your glowing review, we are very delighted you enjoyed your time here and yes we had a wonderful time with you too, you left as a friend we will always be in contact with and look forward to seeing you again one day. All the best from us all

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I found my little piece of Paradise! If you ever need a place for a little get away, the Bierhaesle is a great place to go and relax. The owners are looking for every way to make your stay comfortable, serve delicious and show stopping dinners, are very friendly, and make you feel like a part of their family. Our room was clean and very comfortable. Loved the view from our room and the outside area is very relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed here and were extremely happy with our experience.
The rooms were very clean and warm. The breakfast buffet was great and the dinner nothing short of delicious.
Alex and Thomas were very helpful in directing us to local tracks and attractions and were always very friendly.
I would not hesitate in recommending this place to anyone visiting the Black Forest!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We had a wonderful time at the Bierhaeusle. The room was lovely and the building was a very charming example of the region's architecture. The food in the restaurant is fantastic and the hosts, Alex and Thomas, are very friendly and helpful. There's so much to see and do in the area and we're only sorry we couldn't have stayed longer!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I stayed at the Bierhaeusle in July and really enjoyed the time spent there. It's a fantastic place for some peace and quiet though there are many activities available in the area, like hiking, swimming in the lake, visiting small towns and sightseeing. The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable, there is nothing lacking. The restaurant serves a real variety of traditional German and international dishes that is great after a day exploring the forest - would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo