Hotel Hoevelmann
  • Room Service
Hotel Birten(Xanten)
Burg Boetzelaer(Appeldorn)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I stayed for 11 nights in this hotel & really enjoyed my stay (first time in Germany). The lady owner was extremely helpful & friendly & made me feel very welcome. Perfect location right in the market square with clean, spacious rooms its ideal. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Nice little place. It's just on the market square, well within walking distance to the main church and the Roman artifacts and museums. Breakfast was pretty good, and it seemed to me like they expected you to order eggs (NOT in a bad way!). Only one lady was working though, but she really kept up with the clients. Parking was a little interesting to get to, because I just didn't understand the directions---MY fault, not theirs. Much cheaper than I'd expect, and we got the only room on the top floor. AWESOME view of the market and the church.

Room Tip: If you're into Roman Ruins and little village history, this is a great place!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here this week on business. Having been to Xanten on maybe a dozen or so occasions, this is the first stay in the Hoevelmann - I was very impressed.
The room was spotlessly clean - I left finger marks on the stainless steel bathroom fittings !. The view of the square from my fourth floor room was really nice, and the cathedral clock didn't wake me once.
Breakfast good and plentiful, and the little take away cake in a bag was a nice touch.

Word of warning - the shower takes some working out !. I have never seen a tap like it and it took a couple of attempts to get it fired up.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We had but one night in Xanten, a short visit to visit LVR-Archaeological Park Xanten. We booked the Hotel Hoevelmann online and with emails (in awful German on my part) several months earlier from Australia, and then arrived hoping all would be well. And it was!

The hotel has a perfect spot on the square - walk out the front door and you have shops and restaurants all around. The rooms aren't large, but we had a great two-room suite for our family - a single bed in the room inside the door for our daughter, then a bathroom to one side and the bedroom to the other. The breakfast had some interesting variations on the traditional cold meats and cheeses; several types of yogurt made a nice change.

Overall, it seems to be a well-run hotel in a great location in Xanten.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Only stayed one night. Lovely little village with lots of history. Good restaurant. Great service, even searched for a toaster to make me toast at breakfast. The homemade jam souvenir was a nice a touch. Would stay again when we return.

• Stayed: September 2013