See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2015

If you're looking for a picturesque hotel with lots of character, great food and overall excellent value, Kaisers Tanne is an excellent choice. It's family run, the staff is very helpful and the proprietor is both affable and charming. We both had massages, and they were great. The hotel rooms were spacious and comfortable with great views, although the bathrooms could use some updating. The dinner, which was included, was top-notch, as was the breakfast, which was bountiful. Our only mistake was staying here only one night. If you don't to drive around the Black Forest, there is also a free bus and rail system.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony view of the hills.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wallyb2011
Reviewed 6 April 2015

This was our second stay, and we loved it just the same. Excellent service, somptuos meals, friendliness and lots of romanticism. It gave us a good impression of what the Black Forrest region is all about.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2015

Road tripping across Bavaria to Black Forest and the snow started falling and roads were getting very slippery ..... time to seek shelter and how lucky I was to find this amazing place. In London you would surely need a millionaires bank balance to enjoy such a place but this was top class service throught at very affordable rates. Fantastic staff, loved the girls in their dirndls! Excellent food and wine list. Room was superb quality, extremely smart and clean but very cosy especially with the snow falling outside of this timber framed building. A peaceful nights sleep and a glorious breakfast awaited me downstairs and the lovely dining area. The whole place is charming, paintings, ornaments and much more all blend in the the huge timber interior of this Black Forest hotel. Would most definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Steve L. K
Reviewed 5 February 2015

We stayed at Kaisers Tanne during the school holidays with our two children, aged 11 and 2. The room was ideal, with a large bathroom, master bedroom, children's room (with bunk beds and a cot) and a small lounge all decorated traditionally. The only, very slight criticism I have of the room is that it didn't have a bath which was very necessary at one point as our youngest came down with a tummy bug!

I had never visited Germany before and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time in this beautiful place. We stayed on a half board basis and we found the food varied and tasty and all home cooked. I do not eat meat and there was always a fish or vegetarian option available.

The Black Forest itself is stunning, with plenty to see and do, so much so that our eldest did not want to come home! A hire car is a must though, as public transport did seem somewhat scarce and there isn't much to walk to nearby. I would also recommend taking a german dictionary or translation app as spoken and written English in some places was limited.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms for our family on booking for the week end.
The owner said that the 2 rooms were not appropriate, that I should cancel them and she would book two other rooms for us.
I received on the following day a email to inform us that the hotel was full. Disgrace!

Stayed: January 2015