US$108
Hotel Watthalden(Ettlingen)
US$93
US$91
Travelocity
Radisson Blu Hotel, Karlsruhe(Ettlingen)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssleep qualityyogurtcentrebedscheesebusinessparking
Reviewed 21 November 2014

This is a nice and friendly hotel, the employees are really prompt to help you with anything.They offer an amazing breakfast. The room is very clean, cozy and warm, nice for cold days. The bar always offer a good beer which is an excellent choice after a day of work. This hotel is located in the city center and you can find almost anything around or nearby, for example, supermarket, stores, restaurants, bars and pubs.

Room Tip: the room on the top are more quiet
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It is basic and clean and the staff are very polite and helpful.

The hotel is not expensive and for the price I think it is a good place to stay.

The WiFi is terrible, during both my stays I seemed to be able to get a signal occasionally and most of the time would receive an error saying maximum connections reached. Which is not great when you are trying to work. In the end I gave up working from the hotel and stayed at work longer!

My room was very warm and no matter what I did I didn't seem to be able to make it any cooler and sleeping with the window open is not the best due to the cobbled streets, meaning you can here peoples footsteps and vehicles at night.

The hotel is excellently positioned for Ettlingen site seeing and shopping and if you go when the Christmas market is on I would say this is one of the better hotels to stay at as it is close but just far enough away to not hear the noise of the Christmas market.

I thought the little pack of Haribo bears on the beds was a nice touch.

Over all if you do not expect much and just want somewhere to sleep and shower this hotel will do.

My recommendations for the hotel would be get better WiFi solution in place.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2014

One of the previous reviewers was right, hotel is nothing really to write about except sleep quality. One would think that nice little hotel in the center of nice little German town would allow you to have good quiet nights. No way! Cars and even some kind of trucks were passing by during night and morning hours for all six days. Mind you can't close the window in the summer there is no A/C. I'd suggest trying to get a room overlooking the courtyard it might help a bit.

Clean, small rooms, good service. Breakfast was plentiful although a touch bland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Cons:
* the cleaning lady entered the room at 8am while I was sleeping even if the key was into the door locked. No extra lock available. I guess you have to put the 'do not disturb' when you go to bed.
* the bathroom has some serious problem, smelling like hell, I couldn't get my shower in the morning until they gave me another room. Luckily available. I realized at night that there was a problem but too tired I went to sleep with the room window open. No windows in the bathroom.
* Internet work pretty good with my mobile but no way to make it work with my mac book air. The access system redirects me to an unavailable page instead of logging me in. Are we in 2014?

Pro:
* breakfast buffet is good and they even have a gluten free fresh toast available.

I'm having another night here, hopefully nothing more to report

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel suited our needs. I have actually stayed here several times over the years because my husband has had business nearby. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Their breakfast is nice and they have done a good job creating a modern reception area and bar area. The rooms are small and plain, but clean.
It is a in the middle of town. Easy to walk to all the shops etc. The train also isn't too far of a walk if you want to head into Karlsruhe.

My only complaint is that my pillow that was on my side of the bed was the thinnest I have ever seen. It was like putting my head on the edge of a blanket. Even folding it in half didn't help. So they gave me another one that was also pretty thin. Not sure why they have flat pillows and not the poofy ones I've had at other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business