Heide Park Abenteuerhotel
Travelocity
US$230
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewspirate roomdinner buffetthemed hotelentranceparktreasurevisitorssearchlady
Reviewed 2 January 2018

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we could not fault the hotel. Although a little on the pricey side in high season the room was spacious and comfortable. The themes are very well carried out.
The buffet breakfast was very well laid out and excellent in quality and quantity. The entrance to the park was very easy .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HeideParkResort, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Heide Park Abenteuerhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear swissonj,

thank your for your positive review. We are glad that you had a lovely stay at the Abenteuerhotel. We would be pleased to welcome you again.

Das Team vom Heide Park Resort

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed one Night on last minute deal. Great pirate theme room on the 4th floor, with great view over the forrest.
Our daughter loved the bunk bed!
Everything very clean And Nice.
Giant buffet both for dinner and breakfast, good quality Products.
Great little pool, playground and bar.
Very friendly staff.
Loved every minute and Will be back soon.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
HeideParkResort, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Heide Park Abenteuerhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Marianne J,

thank your for your positive review.
We are glad that you had a lovely stay at the Abenteuerhotel and enjoyed the time with your family there.

We would be pleased to welcome you again.

Team Heide Park Resort

Reviewed 25 May 2017

It's 1 hour away from Hannover Messe but the drive is mostly against the traffic heading into the exhibition. Might be a little quirky for formal meeting but our team that were there had no complain and enjoyed the week stay commenting it is a breathe of fresh air for themed hotel. For the price, it is a proper hotel with facilities including hosting business meeting or dinner meeting.

it is 5 minutes from Soltau downtown and has many local restaurant selection so it's perfect.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We spend the weekend here off-season, and while my 5-year old daughter was ecstatic, I will stick to stating it was OK.

The hotel is clearly based on optimizing revenues per guest - and wearing my businessman's cap I applaud them for doing it very well. They clearly do not make their living from repeat customers, and the nuisances are kept at a level where few people will really complain... As a frequent business traveller, on the other Hand, it annoys me tremendously...

Pre-stay Service: Needed to check dietary information and possible check-in/check-out times as these were neither in the confirmation mails nor could I find it on the website. It took me 6 minutes(!) to get through the endless options of the phone system forcing me to listen to advertising. In the end I gave up and pressed options for booking something - and finally got through to a living human being (for which you pay extra, which again means the service will be blocked by several phone subscriptions or company rules. I absolutely hate this setup, but did enjoy the very professional and friendly service on the phone by the lady I finally reached!

Check-in: Only available as from 16:00. We were there "on the dot" and still waited for 30 minutes before the 2-man reception was able to check us in. Passing by the reception an hour later, the line was even longer.

Pool area: We had a wonderful first 15 minutes at the pool area. After that, the very small area got so crowded it was "standing room only". One can only imagine what it will be like in season when all 300 or so rooms are full! AND it was only open from 15:00 in the afternoon - the hotel saves loads, but really horrible service. Try and explain your 5-year old why she cannot go swimming after breakfast...

Room: Our "superior room" had a jungle-theme, and again my daughter loved it. It was absolutely OK for a week-end getaway, but having to pay big bugs for even a drink of water always annoy me. I was also very annoyed with the guy using a hammer-drill somewhere - we put up with it and went swimming, when he was still at it on our return we called the reception that promised to help and 15 minutes later it stopped. The big question is then: was working hour over at 17:20, or did they simply work until someone complained? Considering check-out is @ 10:00 and check-in @ 16:00 one would think 6 hours for noisy stuff should be sufficient...

Dinner: We had the EUR 25 dinner buffet including (house) beverages. This was nothing fancy - watery "mashed potatos" from powder and pork belly is a case in point; but absolutely OK. But with a full hotel I think logistics will be challenged big-time, and the maximum 90 minutes you are allowed is a nuissance, albeit probably

Cocktail Bar: Enjoyed it, and the EUR 8.50 for a Standard Cocktail is also OK.

Breakfast: The buffet was absolutely OK!

Check-out: Note to self, never charge to your room - this forces you to join the endless check-out line...

Indoor playing: The 5-year old (and a qasillion other kids) loved the play-thingy in the lobby.

Price: The off-season price was reasonable, but I would not pay the extra about EUR 100/night that are chrged over the summer.

Will I be back: Who knows... Not really my thing, but the 5-year old loved it...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
HeideParkResort, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Heide Park Abenteuerhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Stifter,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your visit at the “Abenteuerhotel”.

It is nice to hear that your daughter had a lot of fun during your stay and loved the jungle room, the pool area and the indoor playground.
At the same time, we regret that the visit was not to your full satisfaction and that you were disturbed by the unplanned daytime works on the building exterior. Our hotel management team is reviewing all the points you have addressed to see where we may have need for improvement and also where we have created a memorable family-experience.

Gladly, we would also welcome direct contact under besucherservice@heide-park.de if you should wish to address any aspects of your stay personally.

We would be very pleased to count you as one of our many return guests and hope that we may welcome you and your daughter once again so that convince you of our service.

Sincerest regards,
Your Heide Park Resort Team

Reviewed 28 October 2016

We went in April of 2016 and it was great. We had a cowboy themed room with a double bed and bunk beds. The bathroom was very nice with a walk in shower and big sink. There were also brochures in the room which was great for visiting other local places. The staff are friendly an the food was wonderful. The entertainment was also some of the best entertainment that I've seen in my life.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
HeideParkResort, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Heide Park Abenteuerhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Dear Maximilianmacfarlane,

We are glad that you had a nice stay in April and thankful for your review. For your next visit we wish a wonderful time and exciting experiences again.

Heide Park Resort Team