“Great food and good service”
Review of Vorab

Vorab
Ranked #17 of 43 Restaurants in Flims
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We spontaneously dropped in here and were welcomed by a friendly staff who was able to accommodate a group of six in the Fondue Stübli. We ordered Raclette, Züri Gschnätzeltes and Fondue Chinoise. All courses were very tasty; the portion size and quality of the food matched the price.
A great place for traditional Swiss dishes in a comfortable chalet-style restaurant.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We came without reservations and were lucky that two tables left, because maybe we were quite early. Specially, they are always fully booked at this high seasons.
I had barley soup as the starter, kalbsleberli (calf’s liver) with Rösti as the main course. I was carving for their liver and it was greatly delicious as usual (not my first time here) and also paired with Tignanello, oh.. great! They gave us a small ‘booster’ drink as well - lovely! For dessert, we ordered one portion of Tiramisu for sharing, because we were already quite full. Surprisingly, we got one plate each and the waitress came immediately to inform us that actually we get half portion each. Perfect size!
Overall, we enjoyed our dinner very much and will do another visit for sure. Service was quick. Waitress and waiter were friendly and generous.

Highly recommend for any occasion and don’t forget to make your booking in advance.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We ordered a fondue and the quality and quantity was excellent. The fondue came so fast and the waiters were kind. I would recommend to reserve because it is small and always full.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

It is actually somewhat rare to find fondue and raclette in Graubunden. They originate form the French speaking part of Switzerland. So, finding it at restaurant Vorab, is kind of like finding a Philly cheese steak in Houston.

That said, they know their market (tourists, mostly German) come in by the bus load.

Still, I find it to be romantic, and the menu is superb. Every time I've gone, I've been treated to a different little amuse-bouche; a shot of chilled fruit soup which is a little different every time.

The salads are great. Fresh, with traditional Swiss dressing, and some crunchy stuff, to make the flavors and textures very special.

I've had a lot of fundue in my life, but I'd say the Vorab's version makes me dream of my next trip back there. Others posted they didn't enjoy the fondue, but it worked for my palate.

They also have some other Swiss specialities such as minced veal. The wine list is full of Swiss surprises.

Service was attentive and friendly.

This restaurant way outclasses the hotel in which it resides. I might not rush back to lodge here, but Vorab will be my first meal spot as soon as I get to Flims again.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We're staying locally and my husband fancied a steak. So we came here. There is choice of restaurants, Italian or the steakhouse. The service was excellent, they were attentive without being intrusive. I don't really like alcohol, and it was refreshing to have a non alcoholic Hugo offered instead of the usual coke etc. The food was also excellent, in particular the baked potato, it was freshly baked. Not something that I have experienced here in Switzerland too often. A good choice of desserts was another big plus for me. All in all I can't fault the Steakhouse at Hotel Vorab and we will probably return while staying in the town.