“Super friendly front desk and great location but average beds and deplorable restaurant service for dinner ”

Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Flims
Description: Elegant Art Nouveau inspired Belle Epoque Restaurant.
Description: Elegant Art Nouveau inspired Belle Epoque Restaurant.
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel offers a great location to Caumasee and the check-in is super friendly and courteous. I would have rated the hotel a 5 if the beds were better especially for the price of the room and restaurant service for dinner was even just average. I have never had such disorganised and terrible service in a nice restaurant for dinner than at this hotel. The table across from me and I were laughing about it because it was so bad. I got seated and moved and then did not get any introduction to the menu and had to get up and get a copy of the Abendkarte myself. I was in no rush and wanted a relaxed dinner but could not even get my apero drink after requesting 3 times. A vodka soda was too difficult and my first course came and still no drink 45 minutes later. Butter for the bread mysteriously shows up after the bread was on the table for 45 minutes. Everything was completely disorganised. It got to point it was funny. They had a lot of help and junior servers but could not coordinate anything. Have the waiters welcome the guests and take the food orders and have the junior staff take care of the in-between. I got up and left as I could not enjoy a 4 course meal in such a place so half hazard. The head waiter went to the bar and finally made me my drink which they gave me complimentary for the lapse in service which was appreciated. It is better for a restaurant to refuse a guest if they believe they cannot manage than give a guest such a terrible experience.

Sandra S, Inhaber at Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear mbryant73
Thank you so much for your visit and your comments! We are very sorry about the dinner service that you experienced! Thank you very much for sharing this issue - this is not the kind of experience we are striving for and we will talk to the team to make sure that this will not happen again.
We hope you will give us another chance to show that we can do better than that.
Warm regards from Flims
Sandra Schmidt

Reviewed 21 February 2015

We called in here after a day walking down the mountain and settled into the lounge area for hot chocolate, apple strudel and vanilla sauce. Absolutely delicious but very overpriced. We called in again another day no apple strudel so had to make do with apricot cake. Absolutely delicious. The hotel is well appointed - I believe classed as 5 star. The decor is old style, not really to my taste as rather fussy. We were a bit put off by the clutch of loud middle aged English guests braying about their skiing exploits and very relieved that we had chosen the lovely Belvedere Hotel to stay at and not this one. So I recommend the cake but nothing else

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The food, the service, the atmosphere It was all great.
Congrats to the staff and the owner. This restaurant is tops on our list in Switzerland.

1  Thank nadro2010
Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you are looking for an excellent stay in Fllims/Laax this is where I would stay with my family. Gorgeous Hotel with a rich history that can almost be felt - everything is well maintained! Family Schmidt made this stay as if we were their family. Compliments.

In short: Gorgeous Hotel with great food, big indoor pool and very close to everything.

1  Thank usach
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We ate at the hotel every night, and the choice of food was wonderful, and it was well prepared. You can choose healthy vegetarian dishes, fish, and regular food. All good.