Hotel du Theatre(Yverdon-les-Bains)
US$162
Grand Hotel & Centre Thermal(Yverdon-les-Bains)
US$187
US$163
Cancelon
Hotel de la Source(Yverdon-les-Bains)
US$148
US$150
US$181
La Sablonnaire(Yverdon-les-Bains)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Nice, quiet, in a very green location.
Very nice restaurant. Good deserts, delicious sweet fine from local winegrowers.
Rooms cosy, but somewhat old school - but the hotel undergoes renovation and promises very fancy new rooms from July 2017!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I stayed here for two nights. The service was first class throughout from reception to departure. My room was very comfortable with some ornate features. It was a little tired, especially the bathroom. However, the hotel in undergoing some extensive works in these areas. The restaurant is light and airy with good space between tables. The service was attentive. The menu is extensive and the food was delicious. We also tried a glass of Swiss red and white wine, both of which were very good. These were recommended by a member of staff who helped us with some of the trickier translations.
A lovely hotel, which had a relaxed and personal air, which I prefer to the impersonal approach of some larger establishments.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2016

There was mold in the bath room at various locations.
A picture fell from the wall on my bed while I was sleeping. Luckily I was not injured since the picture weighed ca. 1 kg and had a wooden frame. Nobody from the hotel cared about this incident.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank michaelambuehl
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Arriving at the Hotel it Looks good At the reception a nice Lady quick checkin she brings me to the Elevator arriving on the 1 floor the Halway Looks good with automatic lights so very promising then I opened the door to my Room oops!!!!! am I right is it not the storage room of the cleaners ??? no there is a small bed and a TV but it is last updated in the late sixty`s no aircon and I could hear what my neighbour was doing and looking at the TV and his phonecalls where not that private as he tought.

Then I went down for some Food the Restaurant Looks nice and the Food is great and for Switzerland (I am living in Zurich) good Prices.
What a shame if they renovate the rooms it will be a great Hotel I won`t sleep here anymore it is a shame but I Need a good night sleep with my busy Job.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel has good points-
1)nice amount of green garden surrounding it to enjoy the weather and a drink- it does need this as situated on a busy road.
2) staff not rude or abrupt- helpful when asked
3) bus stop right outside to take you the 1km into the old town or station ( plus a huge car park if you have a vehicle)
There really is nothing around the immediate environs
4) breakfast standard for Switzerland and 15CHF so ok
5) spa - but can't comment on this as didn't use it- they had provided bathrobes for this
6) we travelled as a 3 and it was great to have my son in his own little room within our room
7) very close to the thermal baths if you want to walk there
BUT -
we were in the loft of the building (floor3) and the ceilings are low, the room cheaply done out (think MFI) and no way of cooling down
TO US A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP IS TOP OF THE PRIORITY LIST - this is not possible when the temp is hitting 30 degrees+
No air con
No ceiling fan - nothing!
When we asked at reception on day 2 for a couple of fans the receptionist acknowledged the top floor is very hot!
When asked if this was a heat wave she said no- it was always like this in summer
So they know but don't do anything about it
I would not recommend this hotel I am afraid - which is a great shame - unless they fitted air con or at the very least ceiling fans.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family