“Top Class Food ”

Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Carlow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Had a family dinner here in December. Could not fault one thing. Driving into the restaurant feels so exclusive and special. Atmosphere is comfortable and relaxed. Staff were so attentive and still gave us our privacy. Food was fantastic, from starters to dessert it was perfect. Steak was cooked exactly how I asked. Priced very well for the quality of food. Will return again in January

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This is a country house in beautiful surroundings. We had Sunday lunch here and it was the most beautiful food. Fine dining at a great price for three courses. Everything served was done to perfection. My companions commented that the beef was the best they ever had. My fish was super. Presented and tasted magnificent. The server told us there was a lovely walk to a nearby town (about 50 minutes). So it would be a nice 2 hours or so on a suitable day to do that at leisure. We certainly intend to return and experience it after another lovely lunch. Well done to the owners here. They have a hidden gem. Google maps will get you there no problem.

1  Thank Seedies1960
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Brought my parents here for early meal on a Saturday night. This was a magnificent dining experience with some of the highlights including the camembert tarts and curried soup for starters, the delicious steaks and chicken for main courses with the loganberry parfait making for a delicious dessert. Excellent value throughout with impeccable service. Would highly recommend and go again at next opportunity.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

The BBQ glazed pulled pork was delicious,
the chicken supreme divine,
from the haddock, pancetta béarnaise sauce,
the seabass fillets sublime.
Don't miss the hake and the crab hash,
the spiced beef strips are a must,
with Indonesian spiced stir fry, the fried hen's egg the last touch!
I could talk about chocolate fondant,
or mongo and passion fruit mousse,
I'm so hungry now,
Thank you, we will get in touch.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

A visit to Clashganny will end with you planning your next visit. A homely atmosphere is created by Karen and her team from the moment you enter the restaurant. Then sit back and enjoy your menu choices that Rob and his team with bring together using a variety of local ingredients.

I cannot recommend Clashganny House highly enough. I have never been less than 100% satisfied leaving.