“Delicious Food, Very Wheelchair Friendly”
Review of Le Raaj

Le Raaj
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2019

We joined Rez and his team at Le Raaj in December. I am a full time wheelchair user and use a powered wheelchair (WHILL C) so it was refreshing to see a restaurant that had clearly thought about making their restaurant fully disabled friendly. I could easily access all areas of the restaurant using my wheelchair and the disabled toilet was great also with the emergency red pull-cord reaching the floor, plenty of grab rails and wheelchair-level height sink. When we booked, the staff were great at finding me a table that I could easily pull my powered chair up to and also had an easy route to the accessible bathroom. I don't have dietary requirements but it was great to see a restaurant with a vegan and gluten-free menu easily available for those that have these.

The food was delicious; fragrant and rich with a wide variety of spices. I also loved the luxurious, opulent decor that definitely elevated this restaurant above all in the surrounding area. The atmosphere was great and it was really nice to see a place so popular on a week night in frosty December! It would be an ideal place to visit on a group celebration, a romantic date-night or even just as a midday week night treat. There are also large function rooms you can hire out if you'd like.

My partner and I both had a lovely time and will certainly be visiting again next time we are nearby!

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (836)

Reviewed 16 December 2019

Visited early evening tonight 16th December with my wife and on entry to leaving, the service was first class, staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, and the food was delicious.Lovely atmosphere and beautiful decor.

1  Thank Johndurham1
Reviewed 14 December 2019

Tonight rang for last minute table, staff couldn’t have been nicer gave us table straight away food was amazing best Indian food I have had the lamb just melted! Staff lovely friendly place is amazing will be back soon!

1  Thank rebeccakA4590LR
Reviewed 8 December 2019

Visited last night for the first time! I cannot believe why we have not been here before now.This is by far THE best restaurant we have been too, the food was delicious and tasty, I could go on and on about this gem on my doorstep from the stylish decor to the hardworking attentive staff. But honestly it’s a MUST visit for an exceptional dining experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Our favourite Indian restaurant. Excellent food and very attentive, friendly staff. Definitely worth a visit.