We have three kids: one 5 year old and two 3 year olds. This was our first family vacation and it was definitely the right choice. The kids loved the Sesame Street Characters, The Shows, the Waterparks. Although the kids camp runs all day we chose to put them in just for the morning to give us some time to play tennis, snorkel, read, get a massage. The afternoons and evenings were family time. Babysitting is $10/hr and well worth it for us for two evenings. It gave us the odd meal where someone wasn't spilling their milk, asking to go to the bathroom etc.
It's not often you leave a resort thinking of particular waiters (Jomo, Riccardo) or childcare workers (too many to name) but at Boscobel you do. The staff really go above and beyond. I encourage the resort to not be afraid of authentic Jamaican food (conch, rooster etc) and other such foods I know the locals are proud of.
For the GM of the resort (who I know reads these posts as any good GM should) my recommendations would be to get rid of the leaf blowers (they're not good for the environment and are so noisy - just break out the rakes and brooms!) and if possible invest in a physical upgrade of your main building. If you, resort goer, are expecting five star accommodations don't. There is wall damage, paint chipping, and the water pressure is awful but you'll be so busy relaxing and having fun you won't really notice it.
Fortunate for us that the resort was only 60% full so no one was elbowing for poolside chairs and buffet lines. The week following us was apparently 80% full so not sure how that effects the trip.
Don't travel in and out of Montego Bay Airport on a Saturday. Security line was 2 hours long and this happens every Saturday.
Do try the Jamaican Patties at the BBQ by the pools. Delish, we had them every day.
Do eat the buffet on Jamaica night (Thursday).
Don't miss the George Washington Marching band on parade night. A real highlight for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Minutes away from the newly renovated Ian Fleming International Airport•Kids Camp with certified nannies to pamper the kids •Supervised Xbox® Play Lounge with flat screen plasma TV’s•Kids can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure•Adults-only El Dorado bar located on a terrace overlooking the Caribbean Sea •A state of the art “Liquid by Beaches” Disco •Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages•Voted Beaches Resorts ‘World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive’ 14 years in a row ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Boscobel Resort & Golf Club Hotel Boscobel
- Beaches Boscobel Resort And Golf Club
- Beaches Boscobel Hotel
- Beaches Boscobel Ocho Rios
- Beaches Ocho Rios