“Amazing staff! They make the place! :)”

Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We took our son to this resort as his first trip out of the country. We were not disappointed. We were hesitant to go anywhere abroad at first because of his dairy allergy, but thankfully the workers at Beaches handled it very well and made us feel more at ease about traveling there. When we got there, things were a little rocky at first as to talking to someone about what he could eat. Thankfully we found Seffanie the next day (the lady holding our son in the picture). Seffanie brought us the right person to talk to and got the ball rolling. (This is the only thing that could be improved upon with this resort-having someone to meet with you upon checkin about dietary restrictions or labeling all food with allergens). Thank goodness for her. She made sure our sons food was dairy free and made us feel more at ease. She also checked on us daily even when she wasn't our waitress to make sure everything was going well and my son had food to eat. She is amazing. Tanya the concierge was also very helpful and responsive to our needs. There are more people that were absolutely amazing. Chef Ralston met with us about halfway through our stay and also ensured that my son had more dairy free dessert options. Guest relations guy Mike was amazing as well! Our housekeeper, Venecia, made sure our room was thoroughly cleaned daily. She was always pleasant. Shantonllee at Bayside restaurant would come and hold my son so I could fix our plates for breakfast and lunch. (My son doesn't usually let other people hold him, but he sure took to Seffanie and Shantonllee). Some more amazing people were Deanna, Najee, and Presly. Najee would always call my son the melon man and bring him watermelon at most of his meals. Him and Deanna took it upon themselves to help cheer my son up when he was having a mini meltdown; they made him a special drink and brought him watermelon as well. They were so sweet. Presly also was very pleasant and helpful everytime we seen him at meals. Giovanni at Neptunes made sure my son could have the dessert and ensured us that all of his food was dairy free. He was very kind to us :). The food was amazing! Great chefs! Shanique was also so kind and very pleasant. The staff felt like family and made our stay very enjoyable. I couldn't thank them enough. My son Grayson and our family will be forever grateful to these people. Hopefully we will see them all next year since we purchased the soon come back package (the guy that helped with this was very professional but I can't remember his name-sorry man).

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Thank Jessica Paige W... Q

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is the 10th summer my daughter and I have visited Beaches Ocho Rios and we have NEVER been disappointed. This resort has the best family atmosphere that is focused on children. It has professional and attentive staff members. Their rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed. There are amenities for every age and, most of all, the service is exceptional.

I would like to say a special thank you to the Entertainment Team: Jessica, Alex, Ajay, Rosain, Ashley Roshane. You are all exceptional. You made us laugh, dance, swim, play pool volleyball and played every game possible. You made my daughter feel special, included, happy, loved and made her cry when she had to leave. I could not thank you enough for making this vacation the happiest and most memorable one yet.

Kimone in Concierge, thank you for always looking after every request we had and always being one step ahead of us. You are wonderful at what you do and a true professional.

Zoe, who came to say goodbye at the bus on August 19th, 2017 at 11:00am…thank you for that special moment. You sat with her, hugged her, wiped away her tears and stay with her until the bus pulled away. As a mom, I cannot tell you how much that meant to me. That moment was magical and will always be remembered.

For anyone looking for a great family destination, a place where your children will have the best time and feel like they are the most important child on a resort….Beaches Ocho Rios is the place.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank LatilaHannah
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I loved how everything was included in my stay. Even the alcohol! Nothing beats being able to swim up to the bar and order whatever I want without having to worry about the price. Going out to eat was also wonderful. There are so many options for restaurants and they are all great. Also included since this in an all-inclusive. There are so many water sports included as well. This was a great hotel! I would come back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank graciousnat
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Having stayed here before, we tried to explore the other Beaches options in Negril and Turks. While these resorts seem to have so much more to offer, they can't offer the intimacy of this smaller resort in Ocho Rios. You will often run into the same folks from meal to meal. Anthony would give us excellent service at the French restaurant one night only to see us again the next morning at breakfast. This frequency allows for more relationship building with the staff.

Many of the same staff members are there from our visits a few years ago and seem to truly recall myself and my family. Judy in the dive shop has witnessed my kids grow, and our friends that we dive with, Claude and Yogi, have been instrumental in helping my young divers gain confidence and enjoy the sport.

There are some improvements to note from our last visit. Shana has made the omelet bar fun and much more efficient. She can handle 4 customers at one time with a genuine smile. The new beach front opened up on the right side of the dock, adding much needed beach space. At many times throughout the day, this area could have been our own private beach. Debbie and her concierge team again nailed our requests and recalled our favorites for the room.

Our number one takeaway from this visit at this particular Beaches? The staff. We feel welcome and it appears that they genuinely appreciate your coming back to visit. This smaller Beaches property will certainly remain as one of our family favorites.

Room Tip: The Greek Village is a worthy upgrade for the view and convenience.