Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Louise T
London, United Kingdom

Idyllic resort

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jan 2019
We had 8 lovely nights in this beautiful resort - Provence meets Thailand ... step into the resort and everything melts away - just lots of gorgeous lush plants and trees, the sound of birds and a feast for the eyes - beautiful chateau style building with lots of little bungalows and cottages. A simply breathtaking lounge designed with a mix of artefacts and paintings - a design work of art. Two lovely pools and we loved our cottages with private gardens and swing chairs. The hospitality from Antoine, Olivier and Jute was exceptional - huge breakfast which was delicious all on the terrace overlooking the pool and enjoying stories of their life in Asia and learning more about Thai culture. We also had gorgeous meals specially prepared for under stars dining. The location is great lots to do around the vicinity and they will help with arranging local transport. An exceptional stay which we will never forget. Thank you all.
Date of stay: December 2018
Room Tip: The two cottages are great
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    RM 172
    RM 188
4.0 km from Pictory Garden Resort
RM 1,838
Enroll free for lower prices
    RM 1,836
    RM 236
  • StayForLong
7.7 km from Pictory Garden Resort
View more hotels in Na Chom Thian
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2018

This place is an absolute gem and I considered not writing a review in case too many people discovered it. The décor, the gardens and artefacts scattered around display a huge talent for design and good taste. Two pools in delightful surroundings are deep and the whole place does not suit children which for couples is perfect. It is quiet and relaxing, the facilities in the room are more than adequate and the staff are friendly and helpful and unobtrusive. If you want peace, quiet and a touch of the exotic with great value this takes some beating.

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank George D
Reviewed 24 April 2018

As university faculty for many years I have traveled extensively and stayed at numerous hotels and never experienced anything like the nightmare I endured in this resort. I was on a business trip to Thailand but chose this resort because I wanted to visit the Buddhist temple nearby (Wat Yan). I was fooled by the reviews on this website and booked this hotel. I called on two occasions two days before my arrival from the US to ensure that they knew I would be arriving late at night (11:40 pm) and would need a taxi. When I arrived I saw no taxi driver with my name at the airport exit area. Nevertheless I secured an airport taxi and decided to call ahead to let the resort know I am on my way. By then it was 2:00 am in the morning and my repeated calls went unanswered. I was afraid of being left on road in the wee hours of the morning after traveling for 30 hours to get to Bangkok and then two hours from Bangkok airport to this resort so I ended up checking into a hotel at the airport to await the new day, but that was nothing compared to what was to follow. My entire 4-night stay had already been paid in full through Agoda (something you should never do).

The resort appeared to be empty but for whatever reason I was given a very small unit next to the office which had two rooms -- a sleeping area and a bathroom area. There was no space for even a chair in the sleeping area -- simply walking room around the bed. There was only one huge window in the sleeping area and raising the shade to let in daylight meant watching people walk to and fro on the walkway next to the unit while in bed.

The real problem however was that there was no real bath. Instead there was a hand-held shower in one corner on the wall in the bathroom area and a rubber mat on the wooden floor under it. People were expected to hold the shower and bathe and allow the waste water to find its way under the floorboard and I guess wait until the area dried up by natural causes. There was a closet at the other end of the room for clothes and a toilet right next to the rubber mat in the bath area so I imagine failure to control the shower could have disastrous consequences. When I asked for another room with a real bath the person who appeared to be the owner expressed surprise and assumed a bullying posture which was very disturbing. Nowhere on the website does it say that the room you are booking has no bath or that "bath" means the corner of a room with wooden walls and floor and a rubber mat to stand on at a cost of US$45 per night for the privilege! One can only wonder whether there are any required health and safety inspections for these businesses.

I had to gather my belongings and find another hotel in order to avoid a confrontation with the owner. I ended up spending only one of the four nights at this hotel and had to pay another hotel all over again for this trip.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Joan M
olivier j, Public Relations at Pictory Garden Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

So odd that a “university faculty” as you claim to be could write such falsehoods. To reply on each of your allegations would be a waste of time. Wishing you a happy life

Reviewed 20 April 2018

A personal and very friendly service. Cook excellent food according to one's wishes and serve it in the beautiful garden. French hospitality at it's best. Quiet and clean and located in a beautiful area with a lot to do and a lot to see.

Room tip: Love the cottage room .
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2017

It was our best experience in Thailand. Quiet and beautiful. Excellent service. Two cristal clear swimming pools. Breakfast delicious. Nearby are beaches, Nongnooch Garden, Silverlake and great Chinese museum
Thank you guys !

Room tip: We recommend the Cottage
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Hospitality was top class . Staff was very helpful . They arranged vegetarian breakfast for us . And they also helped arrange a small party along poolside for my sis- in - law and brother in law's marriage anniversary.
The owner waited for us to check in late in night upon our arrival .. very kind of him to do so..

Highly recommended for family and couple stay . Lot of greenery in and around the resort .

Date of stay: December 2016