“TEAM BUILDING”
Review of Grace Island

Grace Island
Ranked #4 of 7 things to do in San Jose
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Grace Island Resort is a place where the cottages are floating.. There is a place also that you can find big fishes only.. There's also a zip line in the island. They serve delicious food. There's also a kayak. You can ride on a bicycle also for free..

3  Thank t0ni02

Reviewed 24 October 2015

The first time I went to Grace Island, I gave it a 5 star review and the title was "This is where I want to wed". I have now changed my mind. The clarity of water is still the same which I love. The trees on the background though doesn't look inviting. I thought there had been a fire or something like that. The trees were just dead though. I don't know if it was because of the summer season.

When I tried booking via SMS. They told me that the rate went up from the last time I've been there. That's totally fine with me since it has been years. The thing is they expect me to pay the rent of the whole boat even though we were only composed of 2 children and 3 adults. Since I really wanted my mom to check out the place, I agreed to pay. When we arrived at the wharf, I was surprised that we would be on boat with 2 more groups of people. Since they asked me to pay for the whole boat's fee, I was expecting that it would be solely for my family. When we arrived at the island, I explained to the receptionist my situation. As I understand, it was the receptionists on the wharf that asked us to pay the boat instead of asking to pay just per head/individual costs of day tour. Fortunately enough, the people from the island only charged us individual cost of day tour instead of paying the whole boat.

1  Thank anne_rainne
Reviewed 29 August 2013

It was a nice weekend, the place is clean and the people are very nice. There equipment is a bit rough and outdated. The zip line is a must, best with the high tide. Hired a boat and guide to tour the area and snorkel. Was the best part of the trip. The place was quiet during the day but at night the karaoke takes over and you can kiss off getting any sleep. The room is nice and simple, just enough for what you need. The food is ok if you like sea food, other wise good rice. I enjoyed out time and for the value, all is good. Hope you can enjoy too.

4  Thank Rick l
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Grace Island Resort is an exclusive ancestral cove resort developed in an island about an hour of boat-ride off the coasts of San Jose Occidental Mindoro. A day tour package for group of 10-15 pax is worth 6k pesos which includes 2-way boat transfer, use of open cottage, and free use of non-motorized water rides. Various packages for overnight accommodation are also available. Included in our package were 2-way boat transfer, use of floating cottages, free use of non-motorized water rides and bikes plus 3 full meals. The food was superbly prepared and delightful to taste which includes an appetizer, 2 main courses, side dish, fresh fruits and drinks. Other amenities in the resort include beach volleyball, basketball court, strolling area, mini zoo, zip line, grill and videoke bar plus of course water sports activities like speed boating, para sailing, jet ski, banana boat, snorkeling, and diving, There was also a big function room for special occasions.
Due to remoteness of the area, electricity was provided by generating system from 6pm-6am only. Fresh water was being delivered by boat from nearby islands or from mainland San Jose. Cellular phone signal was poor and there was no wifi connection. Satellite TV was available though. Resort personnel and staff were 'stay-in' living in quarters designated for them. There was in-house pastor who performs morning and evening service for employees.
The place was well secured and peaceful; so quite at night. It is ideal for honeymooners and those who wanted to escape the busy life of the city. One will have unlimited privacy as long as desired.This being a cove, the sea water was very calm clear and clean. Fresh catch by fishermen can be bought and enjoyed fried or grilled.
Those who prefer day tour package, make sure to bring food and drinking water. Fresh fish and/or meat can be brought since free use of grill is available at the resort.

4  Thank TravelBug1469