“Lamb ragu is my choice!”

Sardinia Italian inspired seafood
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Description: Enjoy the best of local & sustainably sourced seafood fresh from the sea & straight to your plate. Takeaway by day & dine in restaurant at night, Sardinia showcases contemporary, authentic Italian cuisine and features a private silver service dining/function room. *Gluten free & vegan/vegetarian options available*
Reviewed 1 March 2018

My husband and I have been here many times and the food is always superb. We come here usually mid-week when it isn't busy, however we decided we were craving their beautiful pasta on a Saturday night. Firstly, I have to congratulate them on how busy they've gotten but I think the quality has now been compromised. We waited about 50 minutes for two lamb ragu's but were happy waiting given how busy it was. They have taken the crab pasta out of their menu and have a new sardine style pasta which is a real shame as this was my husband's favourite pasta and even commented that it was better than any pasta we had in Italy (that says a LOT). My ragu had a hair in it and the quality and love that is usually put into the ragu was not there which is upsetting. We hope that out next visit will be better as they are usually spot on.

Sardinia C, Manager at Sardinia Italian inspired seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Bethany
First of all thanks for the feedback and mostly thanks for being a supporter of Sardinia also during "Silly Weekend"

We have had a few twitch in our system and menu to help us running food out on a faster pace.
Your husbands fav pasta is back on the menu ;)
There was plenty on demand for short pasta so we have decided to use them in the lamb ragu and has been a hit!
We have Handmade ravioli few new seafood items and weekly deals that run from Tuesday to Friday
Thank you very much for the heads up and hope to see you again dinning at one of our establishment again
Much love

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Bill board out front says "Fresh from the markets" .
I had Crab meat and Balmain bug risotto. After eating the teaspoon of meat from the bug I was then able to roll the bug shell up and squeeze the water out of it. It was like rubber.
I'm pretty sure when you cook shellfish they are rather hard not stretchy and rubbery.
Chef's remark to my complaint "I dropped it in hot water". I do the same with my lobsters and they come out really hard as they should.
My husband had Lamb Ragout, so much pasta and very little lamb.
Won't be going back.

Hi Sharon.

Lobsters, crabs, crayfish, bugs, prawns & many other crustaceans grow by moulting, or by shedding their shells each year. Just after they moult, they are soft and fragile until their new shell has hardened. Their flavour is sweeter and the meat is softer.
I sincere apologise if you have perceive your experience as terrible, and I did tried to contact you to explain you the above, but you shout me down.

The Nail in the coffin is that you are rating us "terrible" and I just wish I could have shown every one that has, is or will read this terrible experience, a picture of your plates that came back to the kitchen.We have approached you countless time and also offered you a glass of wine that obviously wasn't enough for you. Instead you were expecting the Chef to interrupt the service on a busy Saturday night to explain you the above?? The Chef Remark " I t has been poached in hot water" -to your complaint about you saying " The lobster (Be you meant the Moreton Bay Bug) is full of water"-

You could have at least been fair

We work really hard throughout our dining practice and as we state from our billboard "Fresh from the sea - Straight to your plate" we mean it. There's a lot of us that don't really know were all seafood come from and all seafood traded in Australia is a dark underground movement. The commerce of in this country is predominantly from Asia and I personally know 2 of the CEO from a large Imp/Exp enterprise who have dined at the restaurant several time and spoke with them a lot in regards.

QLD it might not be few doors away like Sydney is but its still an Australian country and we firmly going to support Au production of seafood, crustaceans & shellfish throughout our dining practice for all length of our trading.
Wen and if we can get on hold of fresh local seafood we do. We work with coop, local fisherman and on the Auctions. That's pretty much the best you can desire from a consumer point of view.
Pitty you didn't get this.
Period

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We were almost put off by one bad review complaining about the length of time it took to get their meal but decided to give them a go, we are glad we did, the meals came out within 1/2 hr of us ordering them, the serving size was generous, they were the best meals we have had in any restaurant for a long time
My wife had the lamb ragout and I had Barramundi on creamy mash with a sauce that was delicious, we have already recommended the Sardinia to our friends and we'll be back ourselves

Hi Bob
Your comment has been spread with the team. Glad you enjoyed.. it was e a hit!
Best regards

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The little cafe seemed like a modest and quiet spot for a midweek birthday dinner. Little did we know what a flavour sensation our simple provincial style meal would deliver! My risotto with truffle oil was seriously the best I have had in or out of Italy. Our 12 year old declared the lamb raging fettuccine was delicious and proceeded to demolish an enormous bowl of it. Hubby had the mussel bisque, and while it was on the spicy side he persevered for the sake of the flavour.

Service was friendly and efficient.
Well done Sardinia!

Hi Dominique
Great news. We love it wen people have a good time it makes us overall understanding that we are not anymore in the restaurant business but in the people business.
Come check us out during the week, we have special deals for you!
Regards

Reviewed 27 January 2018

My partner and I have enjoyed a number of delightful evenings at Sardinia. The Riccie al Granchio and Risotto funghi e tartufo are our favourite dishes. The blackboard menu recently offered a delicious Pescato del Giorno that was served with a generous serving of fish on a generous bed of mashed potato and creamy sauce. We have taken advantage of outside seating on warm evenings and I highly recommend this to couples in the summer wanting a sultry atmosphere. They have a suitable selection of matching wines as well as liquers which we have taken advantage of the Affogato. The staff have always been welcoming, professional and courteous.I loved the restaurant so much that I took my daughter and her partner there for a birthday dinner and they were just as impressed. I you want fine Italian style dining, very reasonably priced menu of fresh seafood dishes and a pleasant evening or lunch with welcoming and highly professional staff then you will enjoy Sardinia at Ettalong.

Dear Diner

Pleasantly see you again and glad we have made our day memorable.
Warm regards