Hotel Selenunda
Emy Hotel(Punta)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Oasis(Skiathos)
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The view from our balcony was stunning and we loved sitting on our balcony with a beer watching the boats come in and out. Our room was simple but very clean and comfortable, no complaints. Shower was a bit fierce but we got used to it. There are a lot of steps up but it wasn't a problem, good for the figure. Wouldn't have wanted to do it with a push chair though. The proprietor will collect you with your luggage and deliver you back to the ferry. Lovely, unspoilt location.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view I think. may have to specify if you want a double bed. Ask for a kettle if you want one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RPegrum
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Views from the balconies are indeed wonderfull on the sea and the hotel is in a very quiet place. But the rooms are very basic, there's no breakfeast service despite of the price and the hotel is remote both from the port (long steps to clim, and then walk) and from the upper town (car needed).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank marmotte t
Reviewed 5 August 2012

TripAdvisor did not let me down. I found this hotel on another website and then came to TripAdvisor to see what guests had said. The owners were friendly and very helpful; called a cab for me the day I went to Agios Ioannis, and also drove me to the port the day I left. The view from the room and balcony is breathtaking, and the small town of Loutraki was just what I needed for a relaxing vacation. The bus service is always on time; I was close to all of the beaches. I will definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at Selenunda and would definitely return. Stayed for 5 nights in July 2012. The view is incredible, as the hotel is situated in the hill above the Loutraki port (the port that services Glossa). The hotel is 150+ steps up from the port, or a short ride up the road. We were met at the ferry by the staff and driven up with our bags. The rooms are very large, with small kitchen area, porch, wifi, an, air conditioning, tv, and clean bathroom. It's a bit rustic and the shower is a little tough (no curtain to protect the rest of the bathroom from getting wet). The staff is wonderful and this hotel is a great place from which to explore Skopelos. Very quiet relaxed hotel. If you want nightlife, stay in Skopleos town.
If steps are not a problem for you, going down the steps from the hotel takes just a few minutes. A bus leaves from Loutraki a few times a day, going all the way to Skopelos town and stopping at Glossa and many beaches along the way (as of 7/2012 the bus departs Loutraki at 7, 9, 11:30, 1:30, 3:30, 5:30 and 8 and takes about an hour to get to Skopelos town). Loutraki has about 5 restaurants / cafes and a market and Glossa has at least 4 restaurants, 2 bakeries, and a market. there is a walking path connecting the hotel with Glossa which takes about 30 mins uphill and 15 mins down.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 1 July 2012

When we first booked this accomadation I must say we were a little unsure about the location, since it was so far away from the main town of Skopelos. However we were pleasantly surprised that it was close to all of the spectacular beaches. It was nice to be away from all the hustle and bustle and to focus on the true beauty Skopelos has to offer. When we first arrived at the hotel we were greated by an amazing couple who owned the inn. They were very kind and gave us all sorts of tips for things to do, places to see, history of the island and the must-go to spots for food. Our room was just what we were looking for. Can I say room with a view or what?! The view was phenomenal. Just breathtaking. We spent most of our evenings lounging on the balcony with a glass of wine and pastries from a nearby shop, swooning over the sunsets. The shower took a little getting used to but other than that the room was perfect! It was so authentic complete with mahogany wood finishings. I can't say enough about this spot and we definately will be returning!

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony and double bed. Some rooms come with two singles.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple